Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

starting troubles in hot weather

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:25 PM

Car Info: Black 03 WRX
starting troubles in hot weather

Ok, I've had this happen to me a few times before.

It's super hot (LA) and I drive around for a while, then I park my car for a while and when i come back it won't start, it just clicks. So what I do is I open my hood and let it cool down, and then it starts no problem.

I replaced the battery a few months ago because it wasn't holding a charge so I figured that was it (I have a voltmeter in my turbo timer) but today the batter was fine, and it happened again.

I figured it was something witht he starter overheating and the gears not working till it cooled down a bit so I was about to just replace the started with a newere one on ebay or whatever. Then I read this:

Engine won’t start when its hot

Problem: Engine won’t start when its hot.

Diagnosis: Possible fuel injection problem: Electornic Fuel Injection (EFI) system needs to be looked at by a mechanic. Could also be a problem with the cold start injector or Coolant Temp Sensor. Could also be a vapour lock or a problem with the injection module or EFI overheating

Solution: Need to call a mechanic for this, who will need to replace the parts. Alternatively you can open the hood and let the car cool down for a while then try again.

i got this on the site: http://www.caradvice.com.au/37/car-d...-doesnt-start/

I don't want to do exploratory surgery on the car for no reason, nor do I have the money for pointless repairs.

I'm probably going to finally seafoam the engine through the vacuum lines in a couple weeks, so that should clean my injectors.

Also, What is vapor lock?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:08 PM

Car Info: Black 03 WRX
anyone?