Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

problems with my AEM intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
The point of the thread was to show that there are MAF, et al, issues when chaging things on the intake.

My point is that you do not need it. Let me give you an example.

I change my exhaust, only cat back, to an HKS Hiper. Appreciable differenece. Then I changed my intercooler hoses. Not gobs of power, but I could feel engine response to boost was a bit sharper, just enough to feel it. I have the stock intake, minus the resonator.

I know, just admit it. You want the growly sound right? Just take off the resonator. Go to Scoobymods.com or something to find out how to do it. You'll get more growl and you'll still be able to hear the turbo spool and BOV sounds better. No MAF issues, at least as much power as the aftermarket intake... i.e. close to nothing. IMHO free low intakes on turbos are almost irrelevant... to a point.

The exhaust will be about $500 and intercooler hoses about $150.

70 flywheel hp is not easy nor cheap. You'll certainly want do to what I've already mentioned, plus remove at least 2 cats (one always being the up pipe) as well as having some ECU tuning alone or with a boost controller.

jason

jason
Old 02-03-2003, 01:31 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
That is the whole point just put the stock box back on and take the resanator out of the wheel well It will be almost as loud as it is now but you won't have the problems

oh you should also tape up all the holes in the innerfender so that hot air does not get in there