Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

problems with my AEM intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 08:56 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
did you reset the ECU initially after installing the intake or did you do it after reading the responses?...I just want to know for my self If I need to reset the ECU after installing an intake cuz I will be doing that soon..
Old 01-31-2003, 08:03 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
did you notice any gains other than the increased noise? after you installed the intake
Old 01-31-2003, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
read this thread:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...&threadid=7657

Sell the intake and do something more worthwhile for your car. Those power increases are most likely psychosomatic

jason
Old 02-03-2003, 10:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
I doubt it. Did you read that threat I pasted above?

A BOV works when the throttle closes to relieve back pressure on the compressor. It keeps the compresser spinning between shifts and extends the life of your turbo. It has nothing to do with your mixture.

And my guess is you are misinterpreting the code. I don't think its lean because you have all that much air. I think its lean (or thinks its lean) because you are giving your ECU confusing readings because of the intake.

Take it out. If you really are running lean you could very well be hurting things, not to mention actually losing power because the ECU would correct.

jason

Quick Reply: problems with my AEM intake