Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

no fans & p0480 code

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 09:09 PM

no fans & p0480 code

Hi everyone

I have a 02 wrx & the main fan does't work plus there is a p0480 code. its a fan circuit low input code. I found the wire that triggers the fan from the ecu & triggered it & the fan kicked on. My sub fan isn't working either but I am pretty sure its cause I need a a/c recharge. I was just asking cause I dont want to buy a new ecu to find out its still something else in the car.
Plus I have a ecutek reflash which I dont want to loose.

Does anyone have any input ? Thanks in advance

Duffman
Old 05-22-2008, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Make sure to check for any burned or charred wires, wires that are broken or stressed, any loose ground wires, and check the fan relays/fuses. It can help if you have a voltmeter so you can measure the input voltage and resistance at different points in the circuit.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:41 PM

I found the fan output wire at the ecu & triggered it & the fan kicked on. I even replaced the relays, checked the wire for continuity, & metered the output after a manual battery reset. The output never sends the signal to the relays. I sent the ecu to ecudirect.com on tuesday & they will bench test & hopefully fix the problem.

Thanks for the response. I cant believe no one else answered.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by duffmanaudio
I found the fan output wire at the ecu & triggered it & the fan kicked on. I even replaced the relays, checked the wire for continuity, & metered the output after a manual battery reset. The output never sends the signal to the relays. I sent the ecu to ecudirect.com on tuesday & they will bench test & hopefully fix the problem.

Thanks for the response. I cant believe no one else answered.

LOL I didn't even notice the date on your original post! WoW....well, I hope they get it figured out for you. Keep me posted, I'm curious to know if it was a bad ECU output.