Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

no comprssion??!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 08:58 AM

Car Info: ATR Catback, HKS Downpipe, Injen CAI, 17x7.5 Rota Subzeros/Falken Azenis, Tein HA's, Apexi-SAFC,
no comprssion??!!

Got in an accident a while back. and finally fixed the car now it doesn start. I have fuel pressure, spark and electric. but no compression on the passenger side cylinders. BTW the accident was with a tree. I still have toi test the drivers side of the motor. any one have any ideas? thanks?
Old 07-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I know what it is.

The timing belt was put incorrectly. One or both cam gears on the passenger side were not alligned with each other and/or the marks on the timing belt.

Or, if noone touched the belt, it might have skipped few teeth during the accident.

Pull the timing belit cover off and check.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:13 AM

Car Info: ATR Catback, HKS Downpipe, Injen CAI, 17x7.5 Rota Subzeros/Falken Azenis, Tein HA's, Apexi-SAFC,
thanks dude. that might be the best news IO have heard all week, because everyone is tellingme since i wrecked in gear that I might have to rebuild the whole motor...I hjope your right though. thanks dude. I'll let you know what happens