Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Help me checklist a VF34 install...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 01:11 AM

Car Info: 2008 Arctic White STI
Help me checklist a VF34 install...

Ok so I picked up a VF34 from another i-club member, and I'm trying to make sure I have "crossed the t's and dotted the i's" for the install. Currently I have a catless uppipe and downpipe, as well as an AP running stage 2. The car is a 2005 Saab 9-2X (same as 2005 WRX).

Before the install I will be picking up a set of STI Pink injectors and a Walbro 255 unless someone chimes in here with some better suggestions that won't break the bank. I know i'll also need to get some coolant (just the green stuff in any brand??) and some lube for the injector o-rings (any particular type??). Am I missing anything here?

One of my biggest questions is will the VF34 bolt right up. It came with the coolant in/out and oil return pipes installed, but no banjo bolt for the oil feed. Will the stock banjo bolt from the TD04 bolt right into the VF34? Will the rubber hoses for coolant and oil fit correctly onto the VF34 pipes? Just trying to make sure I don't hit a stupid snag that leaves me stranded at my friends shop about 100mi from home (***thinks it's about time I buy a beater car as a backup***).

Last question is, can I install the fuel pump ahead of time while still using stock injectors and turbo? I'm assuming the fuel pressure is regulated somewhere and the new pump won't change the pressure that the injectors see, is this correct? I'd just like to do the fuel pump here at home instead of the shop to save some time.

Am I missing anything important here...any tips?