Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

help!!! does anybody know this code??

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 02 silver impreza wrx
help!!! does anybody know this code??

i just installed the cel fix for my catless dp,and finally cleared the cel i've had for about a year now. only problem is..about 3 days later,the cel light is on again, but for a evap emissions control code.can't remember the code, think its something like p0437??? anyway, i put a new gas cap on (most likely cause),and reset the light. no more than 15 miles later,light back on again. is there any known problems w/ the evap systems on the wrx's? or do i have to start diag for real.
any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:40 PM

come on... nobody knows this code???
no common problems w/ wrx's???
somebody please help!!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
google is your friend

http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/canreader.html

P0437 Catalyst Temperature Sensor Low Input (Bank 2)
Old 11-04-2005, 09:48 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Thumbs down

So i'm in washington and worked at emissions for over 2 years, first soggynoodles is right, thats the code so you CEL fixer didnt work who is the manufacture? Perrin has a good one that usually works. Second you said it was an evap code right? Than you may want to check your numbers because that code is for a cat or lack there of. Finally the light came on after 15 minutes???? that cant be right how did you clear your codes? There are something we call "readiness" codes in the industary, which more or less means your cars ecu has to learn everythhing again and that it has to go through ALL your systems before you CEL will come one, this is different for every car but its usually close to 500 miles because you have to drive at certain speeds for a certain amount of time it takes a while, so maybe check how you cleared you codes because that really weird.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:06 PM

i know how a cars ecm works, i've been a mechanic for 7 years, the scanner i used was a cheap autozone special that does not reset the readiness monitors in the ecm. all it does is clear the long term memory of recent codes allowing the cel to be reset.
the code was p0457.. sorry for the original reference.
i beleive this code is an evap gross leak, but can't be too sure. the code description through the scanner was 'evap emmissions control system fault/loose or missing cap..
this is why the first thing i did was put a new gas cap on (most likely cause).
the main reason for this thread is to find out of any inherent problems w/ these cars before taking the next step and pressurizing the tank to find the leak.
i didnt want to do this b/c i dont have a subaru scanner capable of active test functions so i can tell if the vent control valve is stuck open or not...(this is a common problem w/ nissans i work on at the dealership).
if there is any info you can give me.. anything will help.
thanx
Old 11-07-2005, 03:05 PM

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
When my '03 was new, I threw a cel that the dealer thought was me not tightening the gas cap...after two returns to the dealer, it was the evap system and they had to drop the tank and replace a valve...took them a week because they had to order the part.

Good luck.