Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Header and Exhaust HP Gains

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 08:50 PM

Good luck on Getting any off this stuff past CARB.

Header
The up-pipe should remain detachable for two reasons:
1) To allow for easier installation.
2) To allow the header to be retained if/when you decide to go to any crazy turbo set up.
The header should be equal length or very very close to it.

Exhaust
I'd really like to see an exhaust just like the Vishnu signature series exhaust, without their price tag. All SS, Twin dump, catless option, no diameter changes, the connectors. I love everything about that exhaust except the canister. An XR1 in it's place would rock.

Ken
Old 02-17-2003, 09:27 PM

how about an equal length header that will utilize the twin scroll turbos with out modifiying the crossmember etc.? This might not be the best choice for gains, but just an idea.

Jay
Old 02-18-2003, 06:29 AM

That would not be advantageous. The whole point of the twin scroll turbo is to reduce spool time. Without the propper header set-up, it would be pointless. It may even lag more than a standard type turbo. I couldn't say though.

k2
Old 02-23-2003, 08:27 AM

I did think that was odd. I didn't really love that header either. Kinda disappointed in the collector. I'd also like a closer look at the workmanship.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:49 AM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Originally posted by david borla
Sorry for the confusion. I started this thread when I got our dyno results for the WRX header. I needed to know if the part was worthy of release or not. You guys were a great help and I think that you'll be very satisfied with this product. Also, if you compare prices you'll see that it's a steal at this price.

Did Rennick post any HP gains?
Will you make an equal length version ever?
Old 02-25-2003, 01:27 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Dyno Action

Let's see some dyno numbers and graphs! I think that will really help us WRX owners to see what you guys have been up to. I would like to see some pictures when you get the chance too.

Is your header/uppipe/downpipe combo being built to be compatible with your current WRX catback exhaust??
Old 02-25-2003, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 2006 CGM STi
Re: Re: twin dump dp & 3rd cat pipe

Originally posted by david borla
Big up Brooklyn!! Did you know that Borla started in Greenpoint in 1977? We moved to Cali in 1982.
David- Say hello to your Dad - I knew him pretty well back in his Woodside Foreign Auto Parts days.

Quick Reply: Header and Exhaust HP Gains