Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

greddy evo fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 08:10 AM

Car Info: 04 WRX
Talking

Well I finally got the rubbing noise to stop. I have learn some info on regarding installing this exhaust. First, you do not need the stock "O" ring. Second, use the stock hanger for the midpipe. Third use the bolts that came with the GReddy EVO exhaust. Fourth, I used the kartboy hangers on the exhuast muffler instead of the stock. This is from my experience and it might be different for each person and their car. But after everything is said and done, I think this exhuast is a great match for me and my wrx. Now I need to decide what mod to do next heheheh :banana:
Old 11-20-2003, 08:35 AM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
[i]Originally posted by sonicowrx03 [/i
reedo200, Yes indeed the Greddy has that little problem making the noise. I found exactly where this noise is coming from. It comes from the rear section of the pipe touching the rear axle/bridge, it only happens at low rpms and you can easily fix it by placing a little piece of foam and attached with a couple of zip ties. Good luck!!

When you Upgrade to a bigger exhaust you need to buy the STI exhaust hangers, or the exhaust will hit something
Old 11-20-2003, 08:52 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I've heard that Kartboy also offers longer than stock (7/8") hangers to gain more clearance of chassis and suspension at the expense of ground clearance. This part isn't shown at their web site but contact tom@kartboy via PM for pricing and availability.

The most common places of exhaust interference are that steel cross piece for a rear suspension mounting point and a bolt on the differential housing.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush