Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Downpipes, uppipes, etc help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 12:08 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by stockWRX2002
I was thinkin up pipe, downpipe, and cat back (but there will be no cat due to up pipe? ) or turbo back, but is there a Carbon Ti turboback? They cost so much too . . . . .well does HKS make a a good up and down pipe?
The factory up-pipe contains one catalytic converter, of a total of three in the WRX exhaust system.

I don't know anything about HKS parts for the WRX. I notice that a lot of WRX owners use parts from companies that feature WRX mods as a big part of their business. Off the top of my head, companies that come to mind for exhaust are Perrin, TurboXS, Vishnu Performance, and Cobb Tuning.

Even though the basics of performance tuning and handling still apply to the WRX, it is a different type of animal from your Honda. For instance, a common first performance mod for Hondas is a cold-air intake. This mod isn't quite as universally accepted among WRX owners - it's an ongoing debate. I also don't see as many mildly modified cars with strut tower braces.

"You must unlearn what you have learned." - Yoda

--
^ww^
"...axles of evil..." - George W. Bush
Old 02-04-2003, 04:02 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by LE4bangerR
if u get a catless downpipe doesnt it remove 2 cats?
Yes, I was only referring to the up-pipe. Replacing up-pipe and downpipe will remove two cats. Check out this nice exhaust diagram.

--
^ww^
"...axles of evil..." - George W. Bush