Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Call me crazy!! But would this work

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 09:01 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by NRTmotorsports
why couldn't you use a fire extinguisher and direct the spray to the IC, its cold just like Nitrous.
I don't know if CO² is just as cold as nitrous when it exits the nozzle, but it will chill the air down to -110 F, which is cold enough to cause injury to your skin. I haven't made a price comparison between 10 lbs of N²O vs 10 lbs of CO². Don't try this with a dry chemical fire extinguisher (the most common type sold for residential use) - you'll end up with a huge mess.

This would be really good for 1/4-mile use since a water sprayer is more economical but might drip water onto the starting line.

I'd use a water sprayer with fine misting nozzles so that the chances of dripping fluid on the track is minimized.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 04-20-2003, 10:02 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by NRTmotorsports
I want to try out a water sprayer, are there any sites that give you advice on how to make one yourself?
Here's a Sport Compact Car article where they show the components they used to make a heavy-duty water sprayer system for their Ford Focus rally car.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush