Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Bov Help ! Asap Plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 02:30 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
100% atmospheric is the wrong model to use, if you are set on using a BOV on a mildly modded WRX at all. The Subaru ECU meters fuel using mass air flow method to measure air flow, which requires use of a factory type recirculating bypass valve because the air that is bypassed is plumbed back into the intake air flow.

Sure, the ECU may be able to adapt up to a point with even a 100% atmospheric BOV but you can almost count on reduced engine performance and reduced fuel economy. If you can smell gasoline from the exhaust, you are running pig rich. Hope you have a lot of cash in your wallet to pay for gas.

For mild mods, stick with the factory bypass valve. It works - that's why Subaru put it there in the first place.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 10-11-2005, 10:10 AM

Car Info: white/gold sti
Talking bovs, wingless etc..

first listen to wingless he knows his schtuff... but!
you have ecutek - i shouldn't to say anything more then reflash. you've added a part that is not circulatory so your car will run more rich. you'll have a lil' more gas wasted because the air is not plummed back into the motor.
i have the ssqv and i love it. i'm ecuteked and it works great with my set up.
i'd suggest going back to stock or getting a reflash otherwise you're gonna have some problems - nothing major though. and if you opt to get another blow off get an aps recirculating bov or something else brand-wise to that effect. and if you're going to get a reflash you should go ahead and get a turbo, injectors and larger tmic/ fmic to boot - 200-250 reflash isn't worth a 250 dollar bov!
Old 10-29-2005, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

Location: Are you too one of the few still living the past? Well I can change that! With a simple wicket. Yes, my friend, a wicket. PM for details.
Car Info: No car right now....sob.
You know what's funny?

I just bought that BOV from truWRXtacy.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:52 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx aspen white
i bought a used one and put it on at like 500-1000 mis and never had a problem. i'm tired of the sound but other than that its fine.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:51 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX
Wrx Bov

To anyone interested in a BOV, I highly recommend a GFB hybrid valve. I recently put it on my 2004 stock WRX, and it works wonderfully. I’m running 50/50, so it is recirculating at low boost shifts and has a nice Wooosh sound at higher boosts. Most importantly it’s not obnoxiously loud at every shift. I bought mine used on NASIOC for $100. However, If you have the money, the GFB Stealth is probably the single best BOV out there.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 WRX - 401whp/408wtq
actually the WORX Dual Stage II is the best unit, arguably