Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

better BC greddy E-01 or Apex- Super AVC-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:25 AM

Car Info: WRB WRX
I have both. I am currently running the Greddy profec E-01 and am having problems holding boost. I am selling the apexi avc-r if your interested. It is brand new, never used in original box. It seems abit harder to operate, so thats why i went with the greddy. Let me know if your interested. I will beat any price you find.

thanks,
anthony
Old 03-14-2003, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 98 2.5RS WR Blue (breathin fire/not on fire)
I Offer $300.00
Old 03-14-2003, 06:58 PM

The first time it would lose boost due to the weather change here in NY. Then I had it increased to 17psi but it wasnt smooth at all. Boost was basically pinging until it reached 17psi. Then the third time I had it set, It would hold boost at low rpm up to 14 psi, and then suddently spike up to 20 psi at high boost. Finally the fourth trip to my mechanic, we settled it around 15.5. Boost comes on quick and stays there in all gears. I love the smooth delivery , but my car isnt what it used to be. Im looking for someone in the NY area that has experience with this boost controller.

Anthony
Old 03-14-2003, 10:59 PM
VIP Member

Talking

MACHwrx

maybe i wasn't clear..i will buy your AVC-R for $300.00!!!!!!
let me know...that's about all i can afford....
Old 03-15-2003, 12:56 AM

Sorry RSTURBO, my reply was for Jwat. but as for your offer, im sorry but im looking for more money. Im not taking that much of a loss for it. It is brand new in box, not used. Look around and youll see what vendors are selling it for. Hope you understand.

Anthony
Old 03-15-2003, 01:01 AM

Car Info: Do-Luck Bugeye WRX & 2008 Hydra-powered STI
The Answer to this question may surprize many of you. Its actually neither. With the cost of these boost controllers being as high as they are, its better off to save of your pennies for one of the standalones that are currently available.

If you feel that you need an EBC you can spend 450 dollars to monitor and change boost settings if you wish. And then spend 300 to pick up an SAFC for fueling, and a ignition harness and e-manage for your EO1 to take controll of spark.

Or you can purchase a TXS UTEC which does all three, has launch control, the ability to grow and change with your car, a remote swtich that allow you switch tuning maps on the fly, a real time data dash board that monitors

IDC
boost
fueling
timing
afr
knock
tpc

and features closed loop boost to boot.

Really it boils down to a value issue. Something that I have found has been very hard to convince WRX owners about it the EBC while they still function great when used, is not really the best choice.

How many features, bells, and whistles do you want for your money?

Cheers,

Garret R Alpers
President
World One Performance
www.worldoneperformance.com
Old 03-15-2003, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Garret...
Seems like you know alot about tuning the wrx....tell me if i'm wrong but i figure i can use the AVC-R to adjust my boost level and also keep my turbo from overboosting....i'm runnin a VF35..sti injectors..walbro fuel pump...etc.. and the car has been ECUTEK tuned....it runs great and i was gonna have my tuner raise my boost to 18psi or so.....then i figure i can lower the boost for street drivin with the AVC-R to about 16 psi and also monitor its behavior since i don't have any gauges....does this make any sense????
Old 03-15-2003, 01:06 PM

RS TURBO, you should really get some guages, boost and egt at the least to monitor what is going on. If you have the money get a xede to compliment your ecutek. It will allow you do do what you need plus a lot more, if you like to custom tune. You are in the bay area so a trip to vishnu is convenient.

Jay
Old 03-15-2003, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Machwrx
what's your $$$$$$$$....a new one is about $430.00
Old 03-15-2003, 02:02 PM

ill take $380
Old 03-15-2003, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

thanks machwrx...i'll make my decision by tomorrow....im gonna talk to my tuner tonite!!!
Old 03-15-2003, 03:24 PM
VIP Member

machwrx
i forgot to ask....you have all the necessary solenoid.and harness to make it work????
Old 03-16-2003, 06:47 AM

rsturbo , everything is brand new never installed still in the box..

Anthony

Quick Reply: better BC greddy E-01 or Apex- Super AVC-R