Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

BAD biz practice by injen

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 06:30 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
Its simple. Intake air cold, comes out turbo hot. Intake air warm, comes out turbo hot. Intake air hot, comes out turbo hot. Thats what intercoolers are for...
Old 01-23-2003, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '03 WRX Sedan
Well he probably DOES have the right to end your auction due to you using their copyrighted pictures. You should know that at least. As for everything else, well I guess he's just trying to protect Injen's product.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:41 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally posted by Br1t1shguy
Its simple. Intake air cold, comes out turbo hot. Intake air warm, comes out turbo hot. Intake air hot, comes out turbo hot. Thats what intercoolers are for...
hahaha, it's funny because it's true.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:54 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX TurboXS Stage 4
I don't know about CAI but SCC, Turbo or one of their sister mags claimed that they dynoed the Ingine CIA and got extra horses. I think they claimed 14 but I might be wrong. Does any one know what might be causing the discrepency in +,-, or static HP figures gleaned from dyno testing CAIs?

The guy form Ingen just has a bug up his but because no one with a WRX is buying his CAIs. Poor fellow.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:14 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Sell the POS, I know I would. At least try to make some of your money back.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Not to claim they do not exist, but I never met a serious tuner who didn't have a Civic and who wasn't sponsered by Injen who actually ran with Injen parts.

That says something. *shrug*

Of my 6 years in the import scene, although no one ever told what opinion to have, I've always been of the opinion that Injen products are rice... not very well engineered and made for looks.

FWIW - the only intake I would ever buy would be one by Knight Engineering, namely, ICEMAN. Heat resistent, smooth and straightest path silicone tubing. But I do not believe that Knight Engineering has produced one for the WRX... that says something too... like maybe they've tried and found its not necessary.

Put that Injen intake on the train tracks and after the train comes by mail the intake back to Injen. No return address.

jason
Old 01-23-2003, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Dave... my name is Jason Maybe you noticed how I signed my previous post lol... too funny man. You need a drink!

jason
Old 01-23-2003, 11:25 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX TurboXS Stage 4
I am running a Blitz short ram intake and I like it. I have checked with TurboXS who have dynoed more than a few for UTEK maps and say the Blitz is a good intake. That said, they said they believe the resonator mod for the stock system and a K&N gives about the same performance but that without the mod the stock CAI is restrictive and the mod and the Blitz can net around 8 HP. I would not buy one knowing what I know now, I paid like $260.00 or so, but I would not get rid of it either.
I like the sound of the throtle body butterfly openning

Last edited by Andersonwrx; 01-23-2003 at 11:31 PM.

Quick Reply: BAD biz practice by injen