Engine/Power - EJ20T (pre-2006 WRX and JDM) There is replacement for displacement, it is forced induction - OEM 2.0 liter turbo engines in the USDM WRX. 90-94 Legacy Turbo EJ22 turbo engines can also be discussed here.

Anyone have (or had) and older Blitz DTT-X turbotimer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 12:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Anyone have (or had) and older Blitz DTT-X turbotimer?

I'm curious to know how well the boost-controlled DTT-X worked and I'm interested in buying one. (They don't make the old DTT-X now, its replaced by the DTT-DC). I want to switch because my HKS Type-0 has annoying little buttons which are particularly hard to use w/ my dash setup. And I figure it will go nice w/ the Blitz Spec-R EBC I have, same style, same color, etc. So I buy or trade.

My concern is that the old, plain DTT (not -X, not -DC, etc) was reported to be very stingy with the number of seconds it racked up for cooldown. One guy reported the most he ever saw was 39 seconds for a run that sounds like one which would produce over 3 minutes (!) with my current HKS Type-0. Are your experiences with teh DTT-X similar to these reports with the DTT, or does it perform better?

FYI:

- FATT works off of RPM
- DATT works off of boost
- "DC" = digital compage, the little wired remote controller version

thanx,

jason