Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

VISHNU XEDE or ReFlash ECU???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 12:09 AM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Visit the VISHNU forum... the XEDE is excellent, I had it done to my car Monday. Insant power increase throughout the revband and smoother all around. Boost comes on much quicker. But then again the same results can be had with reflash.

The reason I went with XEDE over reflash is so that I can switch maps when I'm at the track and so subaru wont ever know I had anythhing done to the car. See, when you reflash the ECU they can read that you had a non-subaru software code on the car. Also, the XEDE has resale value whereas the tune does not. Once you are tuned you can't sell the tune on the internet when you part out, whereas the XEDE you can expect to recover half if not more of the $900 it costs originally.

just my take on things.

Sean
Old 11-03-2004, 12:10 AM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Oh yeah, two more things.

1) Now the XEDE has a plug and play harness setup that doesnt need cutting of the OEM harness to install.

2) You can play with different maps as you get different mods with the extensive library of tunes available online at the Vishnutuning.com website. So when you upgrade from catback to turboback for example, you can just download a map and be set. Or if you track, you can switch maps without any trouble with your laptop.

Sean, a very satisfied vishnu customer