Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Vishnu Stage 3 pack

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 02:16 PM

Car Info: Soon to be '03 WRX
Vishnu Stage 3 pack

Vishnu , to my knowledge, hasnt released any info on this kit as far as the price. Has anyone heard anything on it? On their site they have the 1/4 mile times posted but thats it. I was thinking of getting this for my WRX but didnt know if there was a better alternative out there? Oh great WRX Gods help a newb find the right path. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:20 PM

Car Info: WRB 2003 WRX
Don't go with the info on their website.... it is not up to date (hint hint). Call them up and ask if you are interested. I found out after I called them that they already have a stage 0 - 1 for the STi and that isn't even listed on their website. Hope that helps =)
Old 01-22-2004, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I would call Vishnu Performance for details.

I was told that their WRX Stage 3 requires race gas to make its advertised performance, and that their Stage 2 setup gives better driveability on the street, probably because of the torque curve.

What's your intended purpose for your WRX? Mostly street driving? Drag racing? Autocross, or road racing?

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 01-22-2004, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Double Dubya's info is correct- for the street, stage II is better. On race gas, stage III owns j00! Call Brett or Ken at Vishnu, they can give you the up-to-date status on stage III production and cost. IIRC it's in the $7-8k range for absolutely everything you need to put 360+ hp to the wheels... but you better plan on brakes, wheels, and tires too.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:41 AM

Car Info: Soon to be '03 WRX
I am trying to turn it into a nice street car. I liked the numbers on the Stage 3 conv. but I didnt know that it took that kind of gas to run it. Would you guys go with turbo that comes with the kit or the next model up? Also would you guys substitute any of Vishnu's products from the Stage 2 kit for say some of COBB's parts? I like and heard that Vishnu's products are the cream of the crop but just want some honest outside opinions. Thanks for the reply guys.
Old 01-23-2004, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 05 STI
I have the Vishnu Stage 2 and it is great, even on our crappy California gas. No complaints, their products and customer service is top notch. I had mine dyno tuned by shiv at their shop which I highly recommend especially for crappy California gas. I ended up with around 240 to the wheels on their dyno which is equivelant to around 280 to the wheels on most other dynos or approximately 335 to the flywheel.

They recently lowered their prices also.

I agree on the stage 3 also. It's intense, but requires the installation of a small gas tank in the trunk for race gas and is very expensive.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by wrxstipwr
I am trying to turn it into a nice street car. I liked the numbers on the Stage 3 conv. but I didnt know that it took that kind of gas to run it. Would you guys go with turbo that comes with the kit or the next model up? Also would you guys substitute any of Vishnu's products from the Stage 2 kit for say some of COBB's parts? I like and heard that Vishnu's products are the cream of the crop but just want some honest outside opinions. Thanks for the reply guys.
Where do you live? In California on our crap gas, 250-260 wheel horsepower (on Vishnu's dyno) is all you can safely get on a stock motor with stock redline. A VF30/34 is the best turbo on a WRX and pump gas because it has the least lag of the bolt-on turbos that are big enough to make that much power. Bigger turbos will of course lag more, but they can still reach the same or maybe even slightly higher peak power. The advantage to large turbos is that you can put race gas in the car (doesn't need to be a seperate fuel cell, that's just a convenience) and switch maps and BAM have a lot more power. Also, as my friend says, "if you're gonna go to New York, go to New York!" Just stick to the Vishnu parts if you go that route. Then you will know 100% certain that everything is kosher, it all works together perfectly.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:50 AM

Car Info: WRB 2003 WRX
Originally posted by doubleurx

They recently lowered their prices also.
On contrair my friend, they raised their prices. Their TBE went up from $1150 to $1300 and they are never in stock .... Thats why I decided to go elsewhere, plus I don't like the look of their mufflers (subjective). Looks like a over grown capsule with a pipe sticking out.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:00 AM

Car Info: 03 Blu WRX, vf 34, headers, catless, gc coilovers, f/r sways
after stage 1, the stage 2 parts are basic vf34, walbro pump and sti injectors, purchase them at the lowest price and have vishnu do the reflash. There is no reason to pay a ridiculous premium for the same parts you can buy elsewhere.

Vishnu =VF34 Turbocharger..........$1450*
MPJperformance =VF34 Turbocharger..........$800
groupe-s =VF34 Turbocharger.......... $749

Maybe the prices are lower if you call, but it seems like vishnu has left the wrx for the evo the way that they left the miata for the wrx.

Jim
=======================
What would Scooby do?
Old 02-14-2004, 01:43 AM

Originally posted by WillysPU
after stage 1, the stage 2 parts are basic vf34, walbro pump and sti injectors, purchase them at the lowest price and have vishnu do the reflash. There is no reason to pay a ridiculous premium for the same parts you can buy elsewhere.

Vishnu =VF34 Turbocharger..........$1450*
MPJperformance =VF34 Turbocharger..........$800
groupe-s =VF34 Turbocharger.......... $749

Maybe the prices are lower if you call, but it seems like vishnu has left the wrx for the evo the way that they left the miata for the wrx.

Jim
=======================
What would Scooby do?
The price on the VF34 at vishnu is now much lower. When pricing was initially set on the Stage II, VF34s still drew a large premium over the VF30. As for 'abandoning' the WRX, this isn't quite right. Shiv has ended further R&D on the WRX because there is simply nothing else for him to do. After Stage 3, you basically have to go all-out on the motor build with gigantic turbos, unobtanium compontents, and sky-high revs. As Vishnu has always been a street-car oriented tuner, they generally don't do this.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:45 PM

Car Info: 996 Turbo,Gallardo,BMW 335,125cc shifter kart,etc
Jim,
You think we no longer work on WRXs? Have you ever come to our shop? The EVO is certainly taking up a large chuck of our R&D time but that's because it's a new nut to crack. As is the STi. The WRX, however, has been cracked for some time. As for Miatas, all the parts we manufacture are still in production but sold through other vendors. Only so many phone calls the boys in the sales office can handle.

Cheers,
shiv
________
Tc305

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 04:21 AM.