Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

UTEC Remote Switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 08:46 AM

Car Info: 2003 SRP WRX Wagon
Re: UTEC Remote Switch

Originally posted by 02BlkRex
How did you guys run the wire to the UTEC? I can't seem to get the connector past the 'middle hump' under the dash. Am I missing something or am I running the wire through totally the wrong place?
i taped the wire ends to a straightend out coat hanger and pushed them while someone on the other side tried to pull them.

it took about 5 min of cussing.

good luck!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:08 AM

Originally posted by axion7606
sorry o.t. but what is a remote switch and what does it do? i am wondering my UTEC this week. is it somethng i need or shuold get? thanks sorry for posting in like that.
The remote switch rocks!

The UTEC will work fine without the remote switch, but it is kinda a pain to switch maps without it. It mounts in one of the blank spots by your cruise control button. If you dont get the switch, you MUST either have your laptop with you to change maps or you must rip the carpet back and switch the map switch on the UTEC itself. that is no fun at all.

I strongly recomend getting the switch as well. It just makes life a whole lot easier. Especially if you intend on using the launch control!

you can download the instruction manual from the turboXS site it really explains it better.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-12-2003, 03:12 PM

Originally posted by axion7606
thanks, but why would you want too switch the maps? if u were at stage 3 (for example) wouldnt you want to say at stage 3?
you really should check out the instructions.

there are like 8 seperate map slots to save maps on the UTEC.

you can be in remote switch position 0 and be controlled by the stock ECU only, not the UTEC. for like maybe when the girlfriend drives it. (yeah, that would happen in my car ...NOT)

you can then switch to position 7 (pretty sure its 7) and use that as a "Valet Mode" where you can limit your boost to like 6lbs so the Vallet punk cant mosh it.

you can put it in security mode by switching to position 8 (pretty sure its 8) so the car wont even start.

you can have a map in position 1 that is your 91 octane map for street use.

you can have a map in position 2 that is your 93 octane map with more timing and boost that you can use when you get to some state with 93 octane.

you can have a map in position 3 that is your 100 octane racing map.

either you switch maps with the ease of the remote switch, or you have to have your laptop in there and go thru the hassel of uploading and downloading maps.

hope that helps