Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

had to disconnect battery, still have cobb settings??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 07:49 PM

no you will NOT loose the settings Cobb has flashed into the ECU

you WILL loose any kind of knock correction the car has learned since the last time the ECU lost power. Not a huge deal.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
Fellas I plan on purchasing the cobb stage 2 reflash and I have some questions that i cant seem to find an answer to maybe someone here can help.

does anyone know at what rpm does full boost begin at in a cobb stage 2? and is that in all gears 1st-5th?

and will i still need a ebc?

thanks
jess

My mods: pde up/down pipe, tananbe catback, filter
Old 09-30-2003, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by ReXoRaMa
The turbo still spools at the same RPM. This is only changed when you replace the turbo or have custom work done on yours as the ECU doesn't affect turbo spooling. As far as boost vs. gearing, You will see higher boost levels in all gears but boost is dependant on load as well. Your engine doesen't have much load on it in first gear hence less boost in 1st gear. This is true with all cars. As you up shift your gearing changes and the higher the gear the more load is placed on the motor, hence more possible boost. With my stage 2+ I'm seeing around 14 PSI in first and in second I just peek at 16psi before shifting to 3rd. #rd is 16PSI all the way through and sometimes a small peak over depending on weather and such. Cobb tunes for 15.7 PSI but with a catless up pipe and if you do the 3/16" vacum mod in the waste gate actuator hose, You'll see 16psi-16.2 psi. So, no, you don't need a MBC as Cobb sets the boost values in the ECU.
you hit this one right on the ****. i'm not sure about the 16psi though, i'm only seeing about 15.7 max. maybe like you said, it's dependent on the weather conditions. when it gets humid, i'm seeing max boost at about 13.8 or at most 14psi, however, as it gets cooler, boost hits target levels at about 15.5-15.7psi. car feels great though, low end to mid-range is improved greatly. this is how the car should've come out from the factory, hands down.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:03 PM

Re: question on reflash

Originally posted by silver_rex_4eat
I have a limited modded wrx right now. I got a turbo xs axle back and k and n air filter and silencer mod. Is it better for now since money is tight to get the stage one and then when i upgrade up pipe and downpipe to go with stage 1+ or a 2. I read some wheres if u pay the four hundred for the reflash that if u want to reflash the same ecu as long as your the owner it cost an additional $20 or so for another reflash. If this is the case i may as well just get the reflash and then add mods when i get some money and then reflash the ecu again with cobb.

ps. what i s accessport rexorama? How much better will it be than a reflash?
yes, go with the reflash already stage 1. then, yes, when you get the downpipe, then reflash to stage 2. what is the accessport? the accessport will enable you to download different maps and do your own reflash. the accesstuner will enable you to self tune your ECU.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:39 PM

Car Info: 02 GGA
Re: Re: question on reflash

Originally posted by el toro
yes, go with the reflash already stage 1. then, yes, when you get the downpipe, then reflash to stage 2. what is the accessport? the accessport will enable you to download different maps and do your own reflash. the accesstuner will enable you to self tune your ECU.
Where have you been dude? I gotta give you a call about borrowing that thing