Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Ecutek- whose going to be getting one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 08:44 PM

Car Info: 04 GGA+
Ecutek- whose going to be getting one?

I've been patiently waiting for something like this to come out, FHI reliablility/safety w/ better mapping fuel/timing/boost. Probably not for the tinkerers out there, they need self tuning ability, but for someone like me who knows exactly what mods and what performance level I'm looking for- perfect!

I'm currently running turboback exhaust (w/ oe 3rd cat-per SCCA), catless uppipe, Samco ic hose, ITG filter w/ silencer "hack"- I'm guessing I'm in the 265ish hp/torque (crank) range (200whp?). I'm hoping the Ecutek gets me into the 290ish range (crank), I'm thinking it should- this is w/ our crappy 91 gas.

This is about as far as I want to go. The only other upgrades (engine) I might consider are TMIC and oil cooler- strictly safety stuff.

I hope I don't have to patiently wait too much longer.

big sky
Old 12-02-2002, 04:15 PM

keep in mind the Prodrive Performance Pack is slated for release soon according to Simon Lines. The PPP ecu will be something on the lines of the Ecutek deal. I'm not really current on the details though.
I've been waiting to hear from Mike Shields about this option.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by supermarkus
keep in mind the Prodrive Performance Pack is slated for release soon according to Simon Lines. The PPP ecu will be something on the lines of the Ecutek deal. I'm not really current on the details though.
I've been waiting to hear from Mike Shields about this option.
I'm pretty sure (ask Mike for sure) that Prodrive is also utilizing ECUTEK software, ofcourse it's how you utilize the software that will matter. No doubt Prodrive will have it down.

Wouldn't this be nice if sometime in the forseeable future, dealers were offering this as say an option or upgrade (they evidently are across the pond).

I agree a dyno and reflash would the very best way to go (if you are fortunate enough to have a awd dyno nearby).

Big Sky
Old 12-06-2002, 09:13 PM

Car Info: 09 E90 M3 SEDAN w/DCT
I am going to try it out. I am going to get my heavily modded WRX on the rollers, and see how well Shiv can do.

I want to use this one for street gas, and probably an Autronic for my race gas package...

Andy
Old 12-12-2002, 12:48 AM

Car Info: 996 Turbo,Gallardo,BMW 335,125cc shifter kart,etc
Hi guys,
We've been reflashing WRX for the last couple of week with very good success. Have found 25-30 wheel hp gains over stock ECU in virtually every car we've tuned. With about 2 reflashes scheduled per day, it should be very long before our database grows to cover a wide variety of mods. Currently, we're only offering off-the-shelf remapped ECUs to WRX with stock injectors and stock turbos (but with a variety of exhaust configurations). We will also be able to reprogram Prodrive ECUs (since we use the same software) as well.

Cheers,
shiv
________
VAPIR NO2

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:33 PM

2bzboostn- thanks. warranty and performance, now that would be a winning como.

shiv- thanks for the update. couple of questions if I could- what kind of boost are you running w/ oe turbo/injectors? have you been able to "desensify" the rear O2 sensor to prevent the dreaded P0420 cel? are you getting good torque increases as well?

there is no doubt that this is powerful software (and a powerful ecu), especially in the hands of a good tuner (like shiv)

big sky
Old 12-16-2002, 02:35 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Originally posted by Vishnu
We've been reflashing WRX for the last couple of week with very good success. Have found 25-30 wheel hp gains over stock ECU in virtually every car we've tuned. With about 2 reflashes scheduled per day, it should be very long before our database grows to cover a wide variety of mods.

<snip..>
Vishnu Performance has made a change recently in their Stage Sub-Zero kit for the WRX. It used to contain their uppipe, underdrive pulleys, boost restrictor bleed, and their EMI adapter. It now consists of simply their re-flashed ECU.

This means even better value for the money spent for those of you who don't install their own uppipes. Anyone should have no problems locating their factory ECU and replacing it with a re-flashed unit. While the uppipe remains a critical piece for future Vishnu upgrades, it's nice to see things become even easier for that initial performance improvement