Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

ecutek reflash by xs engineering

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 06:29 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Silver
Thumbs down ecutek reflash by xs engineering

got my car reflashed by xs engineering.
5 bad experiences:

1. got an appointment to go in and of course took the car in on that date. eric the owner of xs engineering did not work on my car that day because he was "too busy." i wonder why they even make an appointment if hes not going to work on the damn car. had to call some1 to pick me up and drop me off in los angeles.

2. car's check engine light came on after he tuned the car.

3. car's boost fluctuates always on 4th and 5th gear. the boost looks like its hitting past the 20 lb mark and goes back down to 15 and keeps going up and down. (is this suppose to happen?)

4. went the very next day to go pick up my car and they tell me that the car isn't done yet and that maybe they'll finish it that day but maybe not. they tell me to find another ride possibly if they can't finish it.

5. they quoted me at less than $1000 to completely tune the car. later on they fu** me in the *** by saying that it took longer than expected to tune the car. ended up spending over $1300 because it took them 2.5 hours instead of the 1.5 hours that they said was max time it was gonna take.

bottom line, i am very, very, very disappointed with xs engineering and would never recommend them to anyone else. by the way this isn't my first time experience with them. i've had my car tuned from them 5 times already. when i had my utec tuned from them, i still had knock when i downshifted on the freeway from 5th to 3rd gear. i've always said nothing but good things about xs engineering til now. they should not take appointments because it just doesn't make sense. i was there and i asked them if eric was there too. they said "yes." i said "well, if hes here... and my appointment is for today... why doesn't he work on it? i don't see him working on any other car. if he starts now he can finish for sure today." they say "well hes here but hes on the phone. ur gonna have to wait another hour to see if he'll start on ur car today." im thinking... he's here, and i'm a paying customer, i took a day off to come here, hes a fu**in bi**h. never ever taking my car down there again.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:51 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
wow, thumbs down to xs engineering
Old 08-17-2004, 01:07 AM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
$1300 to get a ****ty tune? wow i would be pissed. $200 for an hour and a half tune at vishnu (91 octane and 100 octane map) I'm very happy with the way the car runs.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:18 PM

u got 2 fuel maps? i got only one. they told me i could only get one. anyways. how much did everyone else pay for their tuning?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
well... dan avon uses XEDE which has map switching capabilites,

ecu usually runs about $650 if you dont have a flashed ecu, dyno tuning should come in the initial $650,

but the going rate for an hour of dyno tuning is $200 i'd say... but even if it takes 1.5 hours, i'd still say $200 is the price... HOW the hell did you have to pay $1300? i mean... a NEW ecutek from i-speed is $650 WITH tuning, and thats same with other shops all around the world... what happened did you buy with that $1300?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:45 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
I would notify ECUTEK, the company that released the Delta Dash software and sells licenses to reflash ECU's and tell them that XS Engineering is totally incomepetent and is giving ECUTEK a bad rap. ECUTEK is a great engine management solution, but it just sounds like the tuner in this case sucks. You should contact Bill @ I-speed (Skywalker on I-club) ASAP and have him retune your car. He's in Socal right now too. Screw XS.

Here's ECUTEK's website: http://www.ecutek.com/
Hopefully they'll pull XS's reflash licenses and wont let those dumbasses reflash people's ECU's anymore.

Last edited by Lurk; 08-18-2004 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:23 PM

i would get it retuned from bill at ispeed but i don't want to spend any more money. i think i've spent enough. xs engineering said that they would retune it for me. i am so mad about this issue. i absolutely cannot believe that they did this to me. i am personally going to make sure that everyone surrounding me will know for sure about this experience. they don't deserve to get business from us or anyone whos dedicated to their cars. this is a very very bad experience that no one should go through.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:25 PM

Car Info: Real Slow
Thumbs down xs engineering

titanwrx,

sorry to hear about your f'ed up tune by xs engineering. they'll never get my business plus, i always thought they were overrated anyway!

i'll go with dyno-comp or vishnu when i'm ready to ecutek my car.

good luck bro!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
I've heard this sort of story many times from all sorts of cars owners who got burned at XS. Too bad you didn't ask us first... good luck in getting it tuned. Unless you're well known (street or strip or magazines) they don't seem to care about you

jason
Old 08-20-2004, 05:12 PM

Car Info: 04 wrb wrx
xs used to be down the street from my house in fullerton not that long ago and i used to go there very often to talk to the guys there and look at all the pretty skylines but yea, unless you have a skyline or a FD or some other japanese supercar, they really don't care about you all that much, seen many honda guys and the like go in there looking for a dyno tune or to install a kit or whatnot and they just gave them the cold shoulder. even if you look at their web site they charge rediculous amounts for some simple things like downpipes and intakes and the like. so yea, i can totally believe you had a bad experience with them, i've seen it happen in the past when they were small, and it seems that they haven't changed one bit in the past few years.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:05 PM

got my car tuned again. everyone there was being a-holes. did i make the mistake? why the fu** am i getting treated with disrespect? they should be licking my *****. i am dedicated now for sure to never give them any business... who should i contact at ecutek to file a complaint against them? i didn't get one "sorry it was our mistake" all i got was mad looks from them and it looked like they didn't like my being there.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:21 PM

Email ECUTEK and try to get ahold of a guy named "Bruce". I believe he's one of the head customer service people there.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:40 AM

TitanWRX: could you e-mail me personaly, about this amazing story.

Anytime a customer or an EcuTeK tuner need help or have questions please don't wait and simply send me an e-mail and IMll be more than happy to do what I can !

Hope such story doesn't happen to often though

PS: there is no Bruce that work for EcuTeK, only a Ben !

Cheers !

Ben
EcuTeK North America
Old 08-27-2004, 06:58 PM

Heh, my mistake. I knew it started with a "B".

Quick Reply: ecutek reflash by xs engineering