Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Cobb Tuning AP 2.0 Press Release

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: GC,GF,GD,GR,GH
Cobb Tuning AP 2.0 Press Release

Cobb Tuning Just officially released info regarding the new AP 2.0.

With the new port there will only be 2 different ports one for 2.0 models and one for 2.5 models. Some of the new features include

• Fewer SKUs (one SKU for 2002-2005 WRX (2.0L) and one for 2004-2006 2.5L Turbo - North America)
• USB Connectivity - no more serial ports to configure
• Faster reflashes - Installation and (Base) Map changes are over 10 times faster than original design
• Virtually Unlimited Map Storage - Unit can hold hundreds of map files at the same time
• Original ECU Data stored - AccessPORT reads and stores original ECU data before programming new
data. Original data is then used when the AccessPORT is uninstalled from the vehicle
• Field Upgradeable - AccessPORT auto updates when new features and bug fixes are made available
(Internet connection required)
• Improved reflashing logic - advanced error checking and recovery mode in the event of an incomplete
reflash to reduce chance of rendering ECU inoperable if unit accidently disconnected during
programming

There is new Pricing on these. All ports will now be $695 MSRP.

Subie.TV Video Review, Thank you to the HSPN Network

Here is a copy of the actual press release from Cobb

Salt Lake City, Utah, October 29, 2006 - Today Cobb Tuning, Inc. announced the release of the
completely redesigned AccessPORT™ handheld programmer and software for Subaru vehicles
with planned support for Mitsubishi, Nissan, Mazda, and Toyota vehicles in the future.
Trey Cobb, CEO of Cobb Tuning, Inc. said, "Today's release of the new AccessPORT represents
a revolutionary step forward for handheld ECU reprogrammers. With next-generation features
and design along with Cobb Tuning's unique on-the-fly tuning technology, the new AccessPORT
is another example of the well-engineered products Cobb Tuning is dedicated to provide its
customers."
The AccessPORT by Cobb Tuning, Inc. is a handheld programmer that allows you to unlock your
vehicle's hidden potential by reprogramming the stock Engine Control Unit (ECU). Performance
tuning data is uploaded to the ECU via the OBD-2 diagnostic port in a matter of minutes, and
requires no cutting, wiring, or other such modifications. Unique to the AccessPORT is the ability
to change tuning data on-the-fly without having to completely reprogram the ECU. This
technology allows the AccessPORT to get the most performance out of your vehicle in the least
amount of time.
Using off-the-shelf staged tuning maps along with the appropriate vehicle modifications, the
AccessPORT users can see power gains in excess of 50HP. Better yet, the AccessPORT truly
unlocks the ability to extract a vehicle's peak potential through custom tuning for any level of
modification.
The AccessPORT's features include:
• On-the-fly map switching
• Monitor vehicle sensor data and display in analog or digital format
• Vibrant color graphic display with First-Ever full 260,000 color OLED, high-resolution
screen
• Read/Clear engine trouble codes
• Preloaded with performance, economy and convenience maps
• Update via the Internet
• Measure 0-60 and ¼ mile times
• Adjustable on-screen Shift Light functionality
• Estimates horsepower and torque
• Displays current and averaged fuel economy
• Drag race simulation with reaction time and “time slip” data
• Built in on-screen help mode function
• Multi-Language support
• RoHS compliant (Lead Free design)
• Custom performance tuning for your specific vehicle and modifications as provided by an
authorized AccessPORT ProTUNER™ center, or upgrade to the StreetTUNER™
software package for do-it-yourself tuning

We are accepting Pre-orders for the ports and a exact release date is not available yet but it should be available shortly.

If you would like to be added to out preorder list please call us and we can get you taken care of.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be here to update the thread as more information is released to me.

Ben
Rallysport Direct Sales Team
ben@rallysportdirect.com
aim: benatrsd

Click Here for Live Support Desk

Last edited by RallySportDirect; 11-07-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:49 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
w0w thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07' AW 335i & 05' WD Escalade
damn, i wish they would do a trade in for the old ap's.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by pj21086
me too, but with a price tag that high, AP1's will still be able to be sold for top dollar. I was afraid the AP2's would be the same price as the current ones, making the old ones completely obsolete and driving down the price of used ones, but this is good news for us current AP owners I think.

However, I think there are a lot of stupid frills on the new AP that shouldnt have been put on and would have made it cost less than the old ones such as the color screen

also, what does "availble shortly" actually mean? are we talking weeks or months? And is there a depost required for pre-orders?

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 10-28-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:14 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Cool

Originally Posted by MBasile
me too, but with a price tag that high, AP1's will still be able to be sold for top dollar. I was afraid the AP2's would be the same price as the current ones, making the old ones completely obsolete and driving down the price of used ones, but this is good news for us current AP owners I think.

However, I think there are a lot of stupid frills on the new AP that shouldnt have been put on and would have made it cost less than the old ones such as the color screen
What he said ^^^ Simulated 1/4 mile times with print out time slip? Pahleeez!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM STI
Originally Posted by pj21086

yeah.. I have a 04 AP sitting in my closet. Now it's going to be obsolete.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 2004 SUBARU WRX STi
Can't wait til' they come out. I'll be all over it like flies on s**t..
Old 10-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by trip-doh
Can't wait til' they come out. I'll be all over it like flies on s**t..
We are excited for this as well. It's looking like mid to end of november is when they are going to be available for purchase. We have quite the list going for pre orders already.

Nick
Old 11-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Some Quick Pictures from SEMA.