Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Cobb Stage 2 Boost Fluctuations

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:45 PM

I hate reading threads like these when I am sitting here having to wait for cobb to get my access port in stock, 6-8 weeks! I wish I could just sleep till I get it in the mail. so is it recomended as a good product? just amagining that 60hp kick lol I better go to a track when I get this thing. :banana:
Old 05-04-2004, 03:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 WRBlue WRX sedan
Originally Posted by Fatal Velocity
I hate reading threads like these when I am sitting here having to wait for cobb to get my access port in stock, 6-8 weeks! I wish I could just sleep till I get it in the mail. so is it recomended as a good product? just amagining that 60hp kick lol I better go to a track when I get this thing. :banana:

I feel the same way brother.

Anyway, glad you figured out the problem yourself. I can't wait till i get my accessport...
Old 05-04-2004, 03:27 PM

Car Info: 04' wrx
This thread is crazy! I have heard of talking to yourself but threading yourself on the internet. AHHHHHHHHHH. I am glad to hear that you got your trouble fixed. I am also going crazy waiting for my accessport! I ordered on 3/10 and they told me it would be shipped this week. I still am waitng on the conformation email. I check my email like every 10 mins. AHHHHHHHHHH! Please send it!!!!! I am so damn impatient but it is going to rock. :banana: AHHHH1 i am so emotional over this.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 WRBlue WRX sedan
Think you used enough smilies?
Old 05-11-2004, 01:21 AM

Location: Your friendly neighborhood Marine Corps recruiting station! (Pearlridge Mall by Banditos)
Dam... well I guess I'm gonna have to get one (AccessPORT) now... sounds too good to pass up!
Old 05-14-2004, 04:39 PM

from what I've been reading while waiting for my AP (grumble), any kind of MBC or 3/16" mods or reminants thereof will cause boost instability. The AP was tuned (and tuned quite specifically) with the OE parts in mind.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2002
true true, but I still dont know why cobb is having such a hard time to get all of these out.. To me if a product is demand, the supply side will increase production dramatically to get their product out and bring in revenue,

they already realize there is a demand so they had that april price increase, but why is the product still on backorder?

Im waiting for the street tune / pro tune so if i get a port, I can get it tuned for my mods and get that map out there as i dont believe the stageII is sufficient ;o!
Old 05-16-2004, 03:36 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Originally Posted by bad neighbor
I installed my accessport on Saturday and took the car for a drive. I had huge boost surges ranging from around fifteen down to around ten pounds and back and forth with no stability ever. I use to have a manual boost controller and unfortunately the 3/16th's mod. (bad idea). I removed both and took the car up on the freeway the next day. I was told that the car would take a week or so to "learn" around my modes but was surprised to find that the ECU had already taken care of the power surges. I used the stage II 91 octane map and found that the car felt like it had lost an incredible amount of weight as the difference in power was much different from just a turbo back, up pipe, boost controller and intake. By the way, no knock! I am very happy with the accessport!
So you used an aftermarket intake with the Cobb Stage 2? How's that going for you? Cobb recommended the stock intake box because the MAF sensor readings are real tricky. I actually took my aftermarket intake because it gave me all kinds of boost spikes. Do you have the short ram or CAI?
Old 05-17-2004, 07:46 PM

there's another product in the works from Cobb called "accesstuner". This will be an accessport-like device that allows you to tweak existing maps and make your own if you want. The price is supposed to be $1000....or $400 for an upgrade for existing accessport owners

Quick Reply: Cobb Stage 2 Boost Fluctuations