Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Cobb AP1 won't import maps (was: NEED HELP WITH AP v1)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:04 PM

Car Info: Rally 2004 Stage II Wrb Wrx (Team S.L.O.W.)
Angry Cobb AP1 won't import maps (was: NEED HELP WITH AP v1)

Im having trouble with the software. I cant import maps onto the ap! The ap is not married or anything like that..i hope not. I deleted the old maps but thats as far as the sofware will let me go. Everytime I click "download new map" nothing happens. And the import won't let me import anything!!!!Please help! It sucks knowing u have power in this thing but can't use it!!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
someone help this man out!

i tried, but since i can't drive down to his house to help cause i have no car can someone else help him out

i am not very good with words so im no good at explaining things.. just doing them..
Old 06-25-2008, 02:57 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon
wait what are you trying to do exactly? I think the way the Accessport V1 works, you have to marry it to your car first before you can connect it to the computer to load new maps.
In order for the AP to connect to a PC you'll need to first navigate to the menu item "Sync to PC" and then start the map manager to connect. However, you cannot navigate to the "Sync to PC" menu item until after you have married the AP to a car(if the AP is un-married when you turn it on it'll be stuck on screen that says " Pleae choose a new map to flash to ecu"
when you say you deleted the old maps, you might have deleted the maps on the PC, not on the Accessport. But its ok, you can go to the cobb website and download the maps again for the AP V1.
Hope that helps
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM

Car Info: Rally 2004 Stage II Wrb Wrx (Team S.L.O.W.)
Originally Posted by pwu_1
wait what are you trying to do exactly? I think the way the Accessport V1 works, you have to marry it to your car first before you can connect it to the computer to load new maps.
In order for the AP to connect to a PC you'll need to first navigate to the menu item "Sync to PC" and then start the map manager to connect. However, you cannot navigate to the "Sync to PC" menu item until after you have married the AP to a car(if the AP is un-married when you turn it on it'll be stuck on screen that says " Pleae choose a new map to flash to ecu"
when you say you deleted the old maps, you might have deleted the maps on the PC, not on the Accessport. But its ok, you can go to the cobb website and download the maps again for the AP V1.
Hope that helps
I think the ap might be still married to the old rex i bought it from. How will i no? And i did connect the ap to the computer, then useing the software i deleted the maps that were on the ap.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:20 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX wagon
well, if it is un-married, then when you power it up(just use the supplied power adapter) it should say something like "initializing", then it should go to the screen that says "Please choose a new map to flash to ECU" then "Press OK/Cancel" on the bottom. If after powering it up and initializing it shows the Main Menu:
1)Switch map
2)Show Current map
etc then it is still married and the AP is pretty much useless to you. If it is still married I think you might be able to send it into cobb to get it un-married but it'll cost you quite a bit

Last edited by pwu_1; 06-25-2008 at 04:27 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-26-2008, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 05 sti aspen white
sell it!!!!! get a custom tune you will be happy. i didnt really like coob