Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

COBB AccessPORT vs. Vishnu Stage Sub-Zero (reflash)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 05 Shivnuized STi (SOLD!)
Jeeesh, You live in CA. Go to Vishnu directly and get a custom tune with whatever you want on the car. Man, if I lived anywhere in that area, that's what I would do. Being in Central TX, I have to wait for Shiv to travel this way.....but, it was worth the wait!!! : )
Old 05-05-2005, 10:36 PM

Car Info: 996 Turbo,Gallardo,BMW 335,125cc shifter kart,etc
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=137464
________
Vapor Lounge

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
I don't get it....

So how come everyone in the universe isn't complaining about Cobbs horrible tuning? How can they get away with sucking so bad? Why hasn't this been made public?

Well, I can't complain about my AP, my car hauls butt. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisnonstop
So how come everyone in the universe isn't complaining about Cobbs horrible tuning? How can they get away with sucking so bad? Why hasn't this been made public?

Well, I can't complain about my AP, my car hauls butt. Maybe I'm just lucky.
There are a lot of people who have had similar issues with their AP. And a lot have made a stink about it.

There are also a lot of awd dynos in the bay area. One of the nice things about the AP is that you can unmarry it and marry it as many times as you want. This makes it pretty easy to do a/b testing to see just how much hp you gained. I'll test your car for free on my dyno if you'd like. Or if you want to use the dyno at Gruppe-S (they are just a few miles from us), I'll be happy to pick up the bill. Just as long as you allow us to disclose the results publically. What do you say?

Regards,
Shiv
________
Ford Thunderbird Picture

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:08 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
That's awesome

That is pretty cool of you guys. It would be nice to know exactly what we're getting for our money. I'll be so pissed if my car isn't making the estimated HP that it's supposed to. It's a Cobb stage 2 right now and is supposed to be making 280 at the crank. It's got almost 115K miles on it right now and I've got a bunch of tune up parts that I'm about to install (all the normal crap: belts, plugs, fluids,...ect.). After I get that done and the car is in tip top shape (as tip top as a 115K mile car can get) I'll bring it in for you guys to take a look at. If it isn't doing what it should, by all means, make the resaults public. I'll be so mad at my butt dyno...
Old 05-08-2005, 08:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by Vishnu
There are a lot of people who have had similar issues with their AP. And a lot have made a stink about it.

There are also a lot of awd dynos in the bay area. One of the nice things about the AP is that you can unmarry it and marry it as many times as you want. This makes it pretty easy to do a/b testing to see just how much hp you gained. I'll test your car for free on my dyno if you'd like. Or if you want to use the dyno at Gruppe-S (they are just a few miles from us), I'll be happy to pick up the bill. Just as long as you allow us to disclose the results publically. What do you say?

Regards,
Shiv

Not sure if you would be interested but I live by Axis Power Racing, as long as you list the mods, mileage, etc. and flip the bill I would also be willing to let you to disclose the results publicly.

I have a 02 WRX (73k) with a full TBE, upipe, Accessport stage 2 reflash and I’m happy with it but I do wonder about det and ol/cl transition.

BTW, I don't want to do this if it screws chrisnonstop. Just thought you might want to do it to a couple cars.

Last edited by MO REX; 05-08-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:02 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
Honestly i would use Vishnu for tuning if i lived anywhere near him. Since i am over 2500 miles fm him that really isnt an option. Tuning it myself isnt an option either due to no AWD dyno on the island. Unfortunately i cant disconnect my ECU and send it to Vishnu for tuning because my Subie is my only car. I think alot of people have similar issues to mine so Cobb is a more attractive option.

Now if Vishnu (or anyone else for that matter) could come up w/ a way for me to drive my car AND get it tuned by him then im all for it. Just keeep in mind im in Hawaii. No, i cant afford to fly him out. Also there is no way i can get the car to him either.

Last edited by Howler; 05-08-2005 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 AM

It's cool

Originally Posted by MO REX
Not sure if you would be interested but I live by Axis Power Racing, as long as you list the mods, mileage, etc. and flip the bill I would also be willing to let you to disclose the results publicly.

I have a 02 WRX (73k) with a full TBE, upipe, Accessport stage 2 reflash and I’m happy with it but I do wonder about det and ol/cl transition.

BTW, I don't want to do this if it screws chrisnonstop. Just thought you might want to do it to a couple cars.
I won't be able to do it for a little while anyway. I'v got some tune up stuff I'm having done. Timing belt, tensioner, water pump, plugs, drive belts, all fluids, fuel filter, and I think that's it. All the parts are sitting in my garage ready to go....just waiting for my neighbor (hes doing the work) to find time for the job. It would be cool to get a couple of different cars with the same set up tested. If it turns out they all perform way under par,...Cobb has some explaining to do.

Like I said though, for having an off the shelf map, my car feels fast. Cobb claims 220 or so HP to the wheels. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm putting down no less than 215. The only thing I have going against me are the 115K miles I have on the car...lol. I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

But if the guys at Vishnu will put your car on the dyno, go for it....
Old 05-09-2005, 08:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 PSM WRX
I live in ST. Louis so I doubt he will be willing to do this with my car. I just figured it would be worth a shot since Ron at Axis used to work for him and like Shiv he does XEDE reflashes.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:04 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by Howler
Now if Vishnu (or anyone else for that matter) could come up w/ a way for me to drive my car AND get it tuned by him then im all for it. Just keeep in mind im in Hawaii. No, i cant afford to fly him out.
Group buy.

Actually, a year or two ago HIIC members and Shiv were trying to work out some sort of arrangement but I think it fell through. Post in the Vishnu vendor forum (off-topic in this forum) on this board or call Vishnu Performance to ask if something like this is still possible if there's enough interest. The catch, of course, is that there is still no AWD dyno facility on Oahu.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 05-11-2005, 02:18 PM

Car Info: Sonic Yellow 03 Wrx =blitz fmic,blitz intake,turbo xs boost controller,hks ssq bov x2,apexi exhaust

yeah we need one down here in oahu badly !! someone from the mainland should open up somthing down here , there is alot of subie owners down here on this small litto rock !!!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:52 PM

Still no dyno facility in Oahu?

shiv
________
N02 vaporizer

Last edited by Vishnu; 03-07-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:29 PM

Car Info: 2005 Legacy GT Lmt
Nope. Seems that there isnt enough of a demand for one (which i think is BS) for someone to install one. I know of 2 but they are @ stealerships so they dont count unless u have someone on the inside...
Old 05-19-2005, 01:33 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
Results???

So has anyone gotten their car dyno'd yet? I want to see what the results are on the cobb vs. vishnu match???

thx

Quick Reply: COBB AccessPORT vs. Vishnu Stage Sub-Zero (reflash)