Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

Anyone else anxious for accessport?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 01:37 AM

The wait is killing me...
Old 08-22-2003, 06:39 PM

Car Info: '03 Black Sedan
Have been waiting for accessport as well...
Old 08-22-2003, 07:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Re: Anyone else anxious for accessport?

Originally posted by Waaa-Pst
I have decided to go for a Reflash... But i would like to be able to tune it after the flash...

Vishnu/Ecutek has this function, but I am still very interested in the Cobb version to see what will be adjustible, and to see what exactly it will be able to do..

Has anyone heard anyword on this?
Do you think it will be worth the wait?
Or should i just screw it, and buy an Ecutek?
The accessport will not allow you to do your own tuning. Cobb has said however that they will be releasing AccessTuner, but that is going to be after the release of the accesport sometime. It couldn't be that much later since the accessport is already 3 months overdue, www.wrxforum.com .

As for tuning with the ecutek, you will need to purchase a delta dash as well (~$300). If you are planning on doing any real fine tuning I don't think the ecutek is gonna work out for you. The ecutek will let you only change values by a certain percentage over the entire map. You might want to go for a UTEC or wait and see what Cobb or Ecutek come up with as far as real user tuning.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:07 PM

Car Info: '03 Black Sedan
Re: Re: Anyone else anxious for accessport?

Originally posted by Slack
the accessport is already 3 months overdue....
True but they're making sure it's physically compatible with the new ECU's in the '04's...they had to redesign the case and that set them back...rather than just releasing it to 02-03's...

Worth the wait in my book. Plus even if you get an AccessECU flash now, you can pay the difference to get the Accessport when it becomes available...this is a great upgrade path...
Old 08-23-2003, 06:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02
Re: Re: Re: Anyone else anxious for accessport?

Originally posted by rhk118
True but they're making sure it's physically compatible with the new ECU's in the '04's...they had to redesign the case and that set them back...rather than just releasing it to 02-03's...

Worth the wait in my book. Plus even if you get an AccessECU flash now, you can pay the difference to get the Accessport when it becomes available...this is a great upgrade path...
Yea I wasn't criticising them or *****, just making an observation that if they said the Accesstuner would be released shortly after the accessport, now that the accessport is delayed for whatever reason, accesstuner couldn't be too far behind.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:42 PM

I'm waiting because I want to dump my original flash before I reflash just in case I need to go back to stock for whatever reason....besides, I can't be without a car while the ECU takes a little trip.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:25 AM

Car Info: black o2 sedan
i was gonna get a accessuecu, but i want to make substantially more power then any of there maps and im nowhere near them for a dyno tune

do you think with the tuner/port i will be able to tune a large turbo / stage 4?
Old 08-28-2003, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Man I can't wait either. I'm at a point where, for various reasons, can't do any more parts swapping. Its either this or a UTEC. After hearing many reports of the better smoothness and stability of Cobbs flashes... I'm slowly thinking of going in that direction.

jason
Old 09-08-2003, 01:56 PM

Car Info: 02 GGA
I'll waiting for it also. I may just go ahead and do the reflash and just get the access port when its available.