Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

air fuel ratio

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
You should feel blessed if your only mods are a boost controller and an intake. That usually spells disaster from lean conditions.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:53 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Stock WRX's tend to run rich. there is no way to change it alone with out some sort of fuel managment.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:20 PM

Car Info: Boosted Geo Prizm
Originally posted by tylervansmith
Thanks, any ideas on the fuel mgt. or is it better to wait and do a utec, vishnu or more complete mgt. T2

What do you mean "more complete management?" If you dont know the capabilites of each, you should learn them. They are all capable units of controlling an engine more powerful then you can imagine.

I'd say in your case, a reflash is your best option.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Since you already have a boost contoller, you could just get some sort of minimal feature AFC. That'd be the cheaper way to go. If you are going to spend more, you might as well get the reflash. If you plan on making bigger or repeated changes, go with a utec. Its not a matter of "complete", its a matter of where you wanna go and how much parameter granuality and repeated modifications you need for tuning the ECU.

jason
Old 09-19-2003, 01:06 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Simplest is a reflashed stock ECU. A more spophisticated option is the Xede piggyback, which has complete control over boost, fuel, and timing, and is the next least expensive option. The utec operates similarly but is more expensive.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by tylervansmith
Jason my goal is to eventually upgrade turbo, intercooler (front or upgraded top?) with this in mind based on my research the utec may be more flex b/c with every upgrade I'd have to reflash...What modifications should be done prior to going to the utec? I'm leaning towards some suspension to offset my power upgrades (JIC coils or tein for my wagon)...Apprec it, ty
You can put a utec on a purely stock car, with healthy results. As others have said. Check out www.tuboxs.com and look around for the utec pages.

jason
Old 09-19-2003, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by BAN SUVS
Simplest is a reflashed stock ECU. A more spophisticated option is the Xede piggyback, which has complete control over boost, fuel, and timing, and is the next least expensive option. The utec operates similarly but is more expensive.
Is there ANY literature about the Xede on Vishnu's website? I just went to look and nada :-/

jason

Quick Reply: air fuel ratio