Engine Management Cobb AccessPort, EcuTek, TEC, Motec, Link, and others. The ins and outs of high-performance engine tuning.

(AccessPORT) Map switching: Realtime vs. Base

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 02:44 PM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
Map switching: Realtime vs. Base

I got my AP a while ago and my basemap is stage 1 91 CA. i am pretty happy with it except i am not reaching my target boost. I max out at about 9-11psi on 5th gear.

i heard that the hwg map might take care of this, but here is my question. if i wanted to switch, should i switch my base map to hwg?

i tried using the realtime hwg and i didn't notice much difference, in fact i think its a bit more sluggish. i guess i wanted to make sure that swithching the base map would make more of a difference before i waste a flash on my ecu for nothing.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:57 AM

Car Info: 02' WRX
How are you reading your boost level(what guage)?And if you have a gauge have you compared it to the AP boost monitor?The AP has a built boost monitor(last option in function menu i think).
Old 10-23-2005, 09:00 AM

already made the comparison. omori boost gauge and ap realtime boost are virtually identical.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:08 PM

Car Info: 02' WRX
Have you tried doing an ECU reset?Not with the AP but by unhooking the battery neg cable,holding the brake pedal down for 30 sec,hook neg back up,start car and let warm up to operating temp(do not touch gas pedal),then drive like it like you stole it.Basicly just run it up to redline a couple of times or do the Vishnu re-set.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:30 PM

cool, here is my game plan. first reset the ecu. if that doesn't help, i will try to adjust the wastegate doo-hicky. the hwg will be a last resort. and by last resort i mean that if it doesn't work, i will author another thread whining about how it didn't work!

i thought the hwg map might have worked because it seemed like the easist to do and from mo rex's apparent success found here https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...ight=low+boost

but i will try the other stuff first.