WBR500whp fmic

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 09:07 AM
wbr

Car Info: 06FXT
WBR500whp fmic

Hello,

I am selling the WBRperformance FMIC. Take a look.
Name:  turbooutlet.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  117.0 KB
Name:  turbooutlet2.jpg
Size:  65.8 KB
Name:  front.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  74.0 KB
Name:  bumperfmic.jpg
Size:  27.7 KB
Name:  fmickit.jpg
Size:  30.1 KB

Bo’s forester

This intercooler can take a lot of power. It is the nicest looking kit out there,imo. I don't care if it's made in china,sudan,u.s.a. All I know is that the intercooler works flawlessly. When my car was tuned and made 373whp on a mustang dyno. The intercooler was cool to the touch and heat soak was nonexistent. My tuner was amazed of how efficient wbr intercooler was.dave; this is one hell of an intercooler.

Gruppe-S comments

Actually I'm fairly certain our dyno reads lower than MZM but that's not really important. 390 WHP on a TMIC would be pretty much impossible though. A turbo big enough to make those kinds of numbers would necessitate a FMIC. The reason for this is that a turbo that big moves and incredible amount of air. This causes heat and TMIC + heat = heat soak. This Forester ran a TMIC before it ran a FMIC and it made 22 less WHP with the TMIC than the FMIC. Also, APS doesn't make any turbos bigger than the 30R .82 that will bolt on with the stock TMIC. In any event, I'm sure that Forester was plenty fast and that there is one or several Foresters that are faster than this one somewhere in the world.

Marco,

The other STI/WRX kit that does not fit your car, that is hundreds of dollars more than the WBR kit that does fit your car, does have clockwise flow. However, if you look closely at it, you can see that it also has a nearly 90-degree bend just after the turbo. At that point the hottest gas coming out of the turbo is passing directly under the pipe that is entering the throttle body. Then it goes to the intercooler and is cooled. It exits the intercooler and goes up the fender well. Passing through the fender well it expands to three inches..., which slows down the flow. As it is slowing down it travels directly over the red-hot turbo and then into the throttle body.
I have chosen a different path. The same 90 out of the turbo, into a sweeping 90 over the turbo. This is the last heat this air sees before it goes into the throttle body. Over the turbo, into the fender well, into the intercooler, another sweeping 90, up to the top of the timing cover, up to the back of the heads, another sweeping 90 into the throttle body...cold.
We all like perfection, I know I do. I'm surely not saying this is perfection but I believe this is a more efficient FMIC system than theirs. To do something different than the Best in the Business, you had better have a damn good reason. I think I do.

Name:  flowchart1A.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  72.5 KB

This is a break through front mount at a reasonable price. List $1195.00
They are silver or black and the sale price is $950.00 shipped. + sales tax for Ca.

E-mail Dave at : Dave@wbrperformance.com
Old 10-26-2006, 07:38 PM
wbr

bump for a great fmic
Old 10-27-2006, 09:28 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
wow are those t bolt clamps"?
Old 10-27-2006, 04:01 PM
wbr