This month's install special - Gruppe-S Headers - $399 installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 03:14 PM

This month's install special - Gruppe-S Headers - $399 installed!!!

Hey all,

This month we're offering an install special on our Gruppe-S V2 coated and non-coated Headers. Everyone has been debating for a long time about whether our headers make power so yesterday we did this:

Originally Posted by gruppe-s
Hey guys,

For the hell of it today we decided to do a comparison test on the stock versus Gruppe-S 4-1 Header. There's been a lot of debate regarding the effectiveness of the stock manifold - we've always known 4-1 headers (such as ours) to consistently make power, but wanted to get some solid numbers on the STI 2.5.

The car in question is an 2004 STI 2.5 with a TD06-20G turbo, Perrin FMIC, Helix Turbo back, running on 91 octane pump gas @18psi. The car put down 292whp/300ftlbs which is pretty much inline with what is expected. With the installation of the Gruppe-S 4-1 uncoated header / Helix uppipe (and no tuning) the car put down 303whp and 318ft/lbs of torque. So gains of 11whp and 18ft/lbs were seen. Keep in mind this is untuned, more power definitely could have been made, but at 6:20pm on friday we just didn't have the hour or so needed to tune it.

The dyno graph demonstrates the following:

1. There is no low-end to mid-range power loss with the Gruppe-S 4-1 headers
2. Positive gains are achieved with headers, with NO LOSS on the 2.5 car

I believe this dyno graph demonstrates the fact that the stock headers are far undersized relative to what a modified 2.5 STI pushes out in terms of exhaust gas, especially one with an upgraded turbocharger (larger turbine). The drop off in torque in higher RPM regions indicates that a car running race gas potentially would benefit from running larger runner diameters (although a larger inducer on the turbine side would probably also be a good idea).

Cheers,

Gary
gary@gruppe-s.com

So, this month only:

Gruppe-S V2 4-1 Manifold with Jet Hot 2000 - $575 shipped !
$575 installed !
The Gruppe-S manifold is a 4 to 1 manifold designed to provide extensive midrange and top-end power gains. Our manifold features T304 Stainless Steel piping, mandrel bends, and CNC precision cut flanges. The 4-1 collector is cast to ensure the smoothest possible low rates. Strong gains in both HP and torque can be expected with the addition of the manifold, especially with high horsepower applications. The Jet Hot 2000 outside coating eliminates heat loss thus virtually eliminating low end power loss (compared to stock headers). These are the best coated headers we have ever seen; the coating is evenly applied with no bubbles and is absent from all bungs and threading. Includes all necessary gaskets.

Gruppe-S V2 Manifold - 02+ WRX / 04+ STI - [color=red]$399 Shipped!
$399 installed!

Thanks,

Geoff
Old 04-01-2006, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Can I set up an appt on Thursday for a Coated install?
Old 04-01-2006, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Dammit I wish this was going on last saturday cause I would have bought some when I got my tune.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by arcticblue
Can I set up an appt on Thursday for a Coated install?
Hello,

These headers are currently en route (after coming off backorder) so I expect that we'll have them in about 1 week. You can set up an appointment any time after that.

Thanks,

Geoff
Old 04-03-2006, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Can I get a PM when you have them in stock...that way I can set up an appt...thanx again
Old 04-05-2006, 11:27 AM

Hello,

The best way would be to preorder them so that when they come in, you're notified. Then you can set up an appointment when we call you to let you know they've come in. You can either paypal us ($379 to sales@gruppe-s.com) or call us to pre-order them.

Thanks,

Geoff