Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Subaru Service Dept.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 02' Black Wgn
Thumbs down Subaru Service Dept.

So I f**kn get in my car this week and the damn CEL turns on. So like a good f**kn' car owner I take it to suby to get it checked out. What the f**k do you mean $72.00 to do a f**kn' diagnostic. Why don't you just mug me you S.O.B. But what can I do? I don't want to blow up the car. So I leave the car with them and get this call back 1/2 hour later. We stuck the dianostic comp. on and it said you have a missfire in the #2 #3 cylinders, this is caused buy a heat sink in the motor from turning it off right after you drive. We suggest that you let the car ideal for a minute before turning the car off. I say, Hey buddy, did you not see the f**kn' turbo timer I installed. Omar says, well then we don't know what caused it. Well I say THANKS FOR NOTHING And to all of you that say you can just turn the basturd off after a hard drive, I guess you were all wrong!!!!! At least according to subaru.............Oh yeah. I hate everyone
Old 09-26-2003, 02:10 PM

Car Info: 2004 World Rally Blue
I can see how mad you are !!

maybe you should try another dealer, they shouldn't charge you anything to find out what's up with the CEL.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:19 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I understand your frustration, but your language makes me frustrated. So I am not going to waste my time and edit your post.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:54 PM

My apologies (sort of)

My language was harsh due to the royal screwing I received. My post wasn't in the best taste and I will me more attentive to the tone future posts will have. But man, I am starting to feel like subaru is a money grubbing corp. with no, and I mean no support structure for the vehical that I have purchased. You would think that if you spend 20+ thousand dollars that you would get some sort of consideration when it comes to these type of situations.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Subaru does not make money from dealers providing service or maintenace on owners cars. They do make money by selling replacement parts to the dealers. In your case, your dealer screwed you. Not Subaru.

I suggest you file a complaint with Subaru Of America.

If you take your time to edit your post, I will move it back.

Good luck,

- Alex
Old 09-26-2003, 05:07 PM

the fee they charged is what every shop chargers.my shop rate is even higher.but if they were unable to diagnois the failure there shouldnt be any charge.you need to take it to another dealer and find a tech that will take the time to explain the failure.there are other causes besides what they have said that will set these codes.cylinder #4 mis-fire is what is seen more with a hot soaked engine.send me a (pm) if you are intrested in info on this cause.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:49 PM

Car Info: civic
would u happen to be at albany subaru in california? the managers name is omar? if so i think that's the guy i purchased my 03 wrx from
Old 09-29-2003, 01:08 PM

Originally posted by AzN121184
would u happen to be at albany subaru in california? the managers name is omar? if so i think that's the guy i purchased my 03 wrx from
The location is in San Diego.