Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Street Racing on the 101 - North Bay + Salinas is Lame

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 85 AE86, 84 FJ60
Originally Posted by 06WRX4ME
you mean the backroads that farmers and truckers use from time to time? The same roads that me and my gf and her two kids almost got hit by some ****heads racing at night around 2am because that makes it safe?

the only place to race is the track

period.

and for the rest of the thread the guy is making it harder for us in Subarus and making our insurance go up because it shows "the man" that the owners of these cars drive them bad and race them which will cause more accidents. I dont like paying as much as I do for insurance and dont want some immarture asshat to make it worse for me.

There will always be "asshats" doing stupid things behind the wheel. Yes, sometimes even in the same type of car that <b>you<b/> drive. Whining about it will never make it better. The law will catch up with them.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
Originally Posted by nomex ninja
There will always be "asshats" doing stupid things behind the wheel. Yes, sometimes even in the same type of car that <b>you<b/> drive. Whining about it will never make it better. The law will catch up with them.

you are right. I am just tired of having to pay for it in some way or the other.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
Nope, not me or even a friend

Just tired of seeing these threads all over the board with people just randomly piping up about "lets kick his *** cause he street raced"

Not condoning it, just telling you to shut up about it.

I love how videos get posted on the board like the Ford Gt-tt vid with all kinds of street racing and a guy saying "all I want to do with this car is street race" and all you tards are like "that car is so bad". What about kicking his ***?

Another point: How does assaulting the guy that was street racing make you a better person?

So. I guess you are right. You have the right to "****," but I have the right to tell you its gaye.
Pardon me but i don't see anyone posting threats about assaulting this guy in this thread.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
VIP Member

mbasile did say he was going to kick him in the n00ts, but i dont think he was serious. and if he was the guy deserves a wake up call. maybe not assault, but something.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:09 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 06WRX4ME
you mean the backroads that farmers and truckers use from time to time? The same roads that me and my gf and her two kids almost got hit by some ****heads racing at night around 2am because that makes it safe?

the only place to race is the track

period.

and for the rest of the thread the guy is making it harder for us in Subarus and making our insurance go up because it shows "the man" that the owners of these cars drive them bad and race them which will cause more accidents. I dont like paying as much as I do for insurance and dont want some immarture asshat to make it worse for me.
haha, wtf are you doing with kids on a farm road at 2AM in the middle of no where? Sounds to me like you are just lookin for trouble...

I know when we run, we race on a 4 mile strip doing quarter mile runs, yes it is safe. We RARELY, I mean rarely ever see lights other than ours, and duh...we're not gonna go barreling into headlights just in case its cops... As far as racing at the track, I've got the time slips to show what I can run, I wanna see what I can beat.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 PM
VIP Member

i know that you guys are safe when you do it. we were out by 152 and hollister and took a wrong turn. its just the people that are not that smart or get caught.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:18 PM

See, everyone is always quick to say street racing is stupid, street racers are stupid. But that's not it...stupid street racing is stupid, stupid street racers are stupid, there are some that hold it down on the streets but are safe about it. but yeah, racing on the highway is stupid.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

i am just tired of having to pay for others mistakes when it comes to insurance and getting hassled by the cops. unless its at a track or the roads are closed off, racing to me on the streets, is stupid and I pay way to much for my car to get it taken by the cops and lose my license and who knows what else.

for those that do street race, i-club isnt hte place to talk about it, and dont get caught. if you do dont cry to me about it. be safe
Old 04-15-2007, 10:57 PM
06d

Car Info: 2006 aspen white wrx
maybe its a 2002 outback wagon?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:10 PM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Funny how nobody has the ***** to call out one of our own when they post vids of street racing

shut up about wishing people dead dumbass
shut up with your holier than thou speech *******. **** off
Old 04-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Car Info: sc300
people still street race after high school? (refering to 20 year old)
Old 04-16-2007, 12:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
See, everyone is always quick to say street racing is stupid, street racers are stupid. But that's not it...stupid street racing is stupid, stupid street racers are stupid, there are some that hold it down on the streets but are safe about it. but yeah, racing on the highway is stupid.
I have never seen a "safe street racer" that drives legally when other people are on the freeway
Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 AM
VIP Member

Funny how nobody has the ***** to call out one of our own when they post vids of street racing

shut up about wishing people dead dumbass
I refer you to the i-Speed "donuts on r-compund" video
Old 04-16-2007, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by MBasile
I have never seen a "safe street racer" that drives legally when other people are on the freeway
that's funny, cuz I run with plenty of them.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
that's funny, cuz I run with plenty of them.
like when we'd drive to the movies and I'd cruise control it at ~70mph and half of the gang would floor it by me? Yeah, that was sane driving

or the cruise you tried to organize over the grade and through carmel valley and you said "keep it under 100"?

Quick Reply: Street Racing on the 101 - North Bay + Salinas is Lame