Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

OMFG, Accidents suck!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 01:32 PM

Car Info: Sold My Stage 4+ Wa-Goon :(
OMFG, Accidents suck!

In advance -- sorry for my poor grammar and spelling in this post -- I have been referred as 'emerson' before.. but i aint no happy right now man!

So yeah -- as you can most likely tell from the title of this post -- I was in an accident -- not my first.. however one that entailed enough damage that a body shop was needed. (http://67.86.13.201:81/wrx/rearend/).

Anyway -- let me cut to the problem. My Uncle -- being an ex repo-man -- knows a lot of shops around and suggested the one I went to. The same day of the accident I brought the car down (May 12th). The insurance company cut the first check for the bodyman, and he began work -- or so we thought; he didn't touch the vehicle for a week due to the fact that the Insurance company cut the check too high (600$ too much) so they stopped the payment on the check, the bodyman went to the bank to deposit it, and it bounced -- that was absolutely lovely. So come the next week, on that Monday, the good check came and he ordered the parts. Okay get this, 3 weeks for the parts to come in (look at the pics for what got damaged). Anyway, I wait and wait, patiently, very patiently, I TRY not to be an A$$, but hey, my rex is my daily driver and I can't drive my 11 second mustang everywhere especially in this goddamned rain.

So come the end of the week (the week they got the parts, mind you I've been without a car for 3 weeks now) I asked how long it would take. they said 2 weeks.. then after that time period was done.. .they said 2 more days.. then i waited a little longer and didnt hear ****.. so i went down there last friday.. he said oh itll be ready to go wednesday.. so i go wednesday.. itll be ready to go friday.. i go there today... it done but hasnt been detailed. so i go home, call them up and say look.. if i dont have my car done today i am involving an attorney.. this is bs.. "okay sir, right away" -- so i go down there at 2:30.. still nothing i go grab a coffee, come back the car is gone.. im like okay.. wtf.. he said itll be done tomorrow come in to get it at 10:30 -- i said .. "if it isnt there we are going to have more than just 'minor' problems" and i walked out.

So come saturday -- today, My car is still not done, its all sorts of ****ed up, dust particles and poopie in the paint, rough edges, blobs/drips on corners, they didnt take out the non-broken window and they painted AROUND it, so there are layers/chips of paint around the entire thing, one of the weld points under the hatch is already rusting, the rear hatch window has a big long streak of glue on it.

I ask the bodyman -- what the F--- dude, this is BS, I've been patient, you are getting paid very well for this by my insurance company, why is this like this. His explanation is as follows:
A) The dust, etc in the paint is 'the air man, the stuff floats around' (THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PAINTING IN A DUST FREE ENVIRONMENT).
B) The rust on the seam is 'man, don't pick at it, itll be fine just don't pick at it'.
C) The glue on the window is 'man, its all good, its just glue it will go away, if you are so balloon knot about it ill get the window man to take care of it, but you are going to have to wait'.
D) The chips/layered paint/streaks around the passenger quarter window is 'oh we didnt take that window out, we just painted around it' (WHAT THE **** YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE IT OUT AND PAINT AROUND IT TO MATCH).
E) ORANGEPEELING IN PAINT/NOT SMOOTH SURFACE "give it time the paint has to break in/cure, after its buffed a couple times it will be fine.

So, what do you all think about this? I am seriously ready to stick my foot up this guy's ***. I am SICK of waiting, I want my goddamn car, it was BRAND SPANKIN NEW, it should LOOK like it, it shouldnt have these freakin scratches in the paint/dented corners/drips/globs of paint/orangepeeling/layers/different finish. The only thing I am happy about is the COLOR match.

What can I do? Can I legally take the car away from him and bring it to another place? This is an insurance job. I seriously cannot pay for this out of pocket but I am not going to bend over and take it up the ***. This is total bull**** and I am ready to get an attorney involved. But before I spend that amount of money, is there a way I can take it elsewhere and have insurance cover it? Anyone else have a problem like this? Does the jerk-off get paid by insurance or do i have to pay him? Who pays for what?

I am confused and aggravated beyond all explanation.

Please help!

Cheers!
Gered
Old 06-21-2003, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
this body shop sounds like it's run by a bunch of dip ****s. if you're uncle knows him, ask your uncle to talk with the guy to get it taken care of.

else, call an attorney and explore your options. You car shouldn't look worse when it comes out of the body shop.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:46 PM

Should have been posted 6/25/03:
UGH -- I went back not this past monday, but the monday before -- complained to all hell and gone -- apparently the owner had one of his 'trainees' do the work. WTF! So now he is going to do the work himself.. we shall see, he said a week or 'better' heh, ****ing more waiting -- I am a VERY patient individual though. If it isnt done right this time, forget about it.. I'm going to sue/kill his family.
sigh...

Okay -- I am really starting to get really pissed, but I will still be patient. Wednesday was the day I was told the vehicle would be done because I told the guy -- look, I need the car for a trip this weekend. But no, the guy didn't have it even close. Monday I went down to check it out and the entire *** end was taken apart, with what looked like either biege primer or putty on the rear hatch door and on the body panels (WTF to that, if its putty). Then Wednesday I had a friend of mine go down to the shop -- I wasn't able to do the fact that I didn't have enough gas and I was working on the jobsite for a full day that day. My friend goes down there, introduces himself -- including the reason he was there, the dude there says, "the car is sitting in the corner over there, we will get to it, when we get to it" my friend says, hey look, it should have been done a while ago, you are getting paid premium funds and it has been well over the time you originally stated. Then my buddy was asked to verify my asking him to be there, so he called me and I talked to the body shop owner, then he told me "what is wrong with you, can't you be patient, we will get to your car when we get to it".
Suffice to say, I am LIVID. ****ing "we will get to it when we get to it"??? It's been 54 days without my car? (Yes, that is counting weekends and holidays). But honestly, what the hell, that should be his primary target of attention until it is completet and perfected. This guy is an *******.

The question is. Since the fellow-who-hit-me's insurance company is paying for this, what can I do to expedite/complain/get some money for annoyance/aggravation, etc. Can I do anything? I mean this is outrageous, I'm not trying to be a spoiled kid, but C'mon, I work two jobs to have this car and insurance + have a life outside of it with rent, utilities and then some fun. It is BS that I have paid 3 payments on this car and haven't had it in my posession. Any ideas/thoughts? I really don't want to approach an attorney and get dicked around $-wise for 'consulting fees'. I thought i'd ask y'all first.

Thanks Much,
Gered
Old 07-11-2003, 02:10 PM

should have been posted 7/8/03

AGH! I went yesterday and my car is still NOT done. WTF. However, yesterday was the first day that, when i went there, the guy was ACTUALLY WORKING ON IT. I WAS AMAZED to say the LEAST. Anyway. The car is all wrapped up, all the glass on the driver-side and hatch and both quarter windows are out. He purchased a 2nd new hatch and bumper along with new glass since there was glue/streaks from removal of the glue on the other pieces. He said he had to order another set of letters and emblems as well. Go figure, its always something. I told him if its not done by Friday, I'm taking it as is, going elsewhere and he is covering for it. He began to argue, but tfb, he is wrong, he ****ed up and he needs to pay for it. But hopefully I wont have to do that, I get my vehicle back on Friday, actually have some fun with it, throw my new stereo into it and wa-la, WRX-PWR once again :-P. anyway. I'm off to work on some things.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:11 PM

I called up today around 12:30 to see if the car was ready -- he said that they are still assembling it, give a call back tomorrow after 9am. So I said okay, and hung up, feeling defeated and not wanting to make an *** out of myself and flipping out at him on the phone. Then I realized. **** ME, I need the car this weekend for a trip. So I called back and I got the answering maching and I left a message saying "Look, its me again, I need my subaru back today, I don't care about it getting detailed, I'll do my own detailing. I need the car for a trip this weekend, there is a big difference in gas between a 4 and 8 cylinder and I've had this trip planned for months. You were supposed to have the vehicle done today, if you don't have it done today, then it better be done tomorrow or on Monday I am going to have you served papers, good day. *click*".
So yeah, Im depressed, pissed off and ready to firebomb his ****ing facility. Go figure though, all in a week's ball-twisting work. If it isn't one thing its another.

-G
Old 07-12-2003, 01:50 PM

W00t. I got it back.. looks acceptable, not perfect, far from PERFECT, but hey, can't really ask for more, the job was done right this time; I didn't want to wait anymore, screw the detailing, ill do it myself.

Now off to the trails.

-G
Old 07-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Unacceptable subject.