Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Evo's suck, sorry Dan, but I had to say it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02WRXpseudoSTiWannabeWagon
Originally Posted by Mister 2
...would be in my garage right now

....Sean....in San Diego
Dude, you two ought to work together to beat the Oahu Mitsu dealers. Sean, help Dean find a good car in SD. Find a fairly inexpensive shipper (maybe someone at a certain suby dealership could hook you up with the shipping rate they give dealers) Then spread the word across the island about how you saved $2-4k.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1996 STI V3 Type RA
If anyone does really want an EVO I recommend getting one off of ebay, or there is a brand new one about 45 min from where I will be in Indiana, and they want to sell it very badly. They said they would do me better than 27k if I really wanted it.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Originally Posted by Mister 2
Sean, things are okay here. Lots of new faces in HIIC. Hope things are going well for you in San Diego. Do they still Auto-X over at Qualcom stadium? If so you might run into a couple MR-2 buddies of mine, Randy Chase and Dave Hawkins. Tell 'em I said "howzit" if you see 'em.
-Dean
yeah, there's actually two in October, on the 2nd and 17th. I want to get out there, but it's on Saturday, and I think I might be going out Friday night, ... and I haven't drank in a while, .. an den......
But I'm getting Anxious! about getting out on some sort of track, ... so I'll keep an eye open for them when I get out there.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:46 PM
Where is my beer?

Car Info: NSX, G35
Originally Posted by oldmansan
<snip>

San
what's up man?, check your PMs!
Old 09-30-2004, 11:55 PM

Car Info: 2016 Z51 C7, 2007 Exige S, 2008 ZX-10R, 2016 Taco
I did.

You got pm beeootch!

San (Sucking a Fosters)
Old 10-01-2004, 12:02 AM

Haven't driven an Evo 8 yet (perhaps someday), but I did sit in the one at the last autoshow and found it much better for my height then an STi. I also let my kids crawl around in the back seat and they like the room back there much better then the STi.

BTW, Sean I wasn't salty that you beat out all of us STis that day and swiped points in a class you don't normally run in. You could have been driving a Metro and probably beat me. Wait I did get beat by a Metro once when I was driving my WRX Wagon...

Okay, I missed Test and Tune due to more important stuff (aka family), but I will be out Sunday, won't be sick this time and should be able to swap in my V700s so my only excuse after Sunday will be that I suck.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:11 AM

Car Info: converted to V8
Damn, only now I seen this thread. Interesting discussion. I don't mind if ya don't like Evo's. I've owned an STi and an Evo, and I love both like they were my two children. Too bad one child got kidnapped and burned!! (Yeah, I'm still pissed about that).

Hey Keirnna, was that yellow one you were driving an '03 model? They tried to sell me their last '03 model which was yellow.
Old 10-01-2004, 02:49 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mehlt
Haven't driven an Evo 8 yet (perhaps someday), but I did sit in the one at the last autoshow and found it much better for my height then an STi. I also let my kids crawl around in the back seat and they like the room back there much better then the STi.
Oh I absolutley agree with you there. I am 6'5" and the EVO has much more room in the interior, but it sacrifices some trunk space.

Originally Posted by danalo
Damn, only now I seen this thread. Interesting discussion. I don't mind if ya don't like Evo's. I've owned an STi and an Evo, and I love both like they were my two children. Too bad one child got kidnapped and burned!! (Yeah, I'm still pissed about that).

Hey Keirnna, was that yellow one you were driving an '03 model? They tried to sell me their last '03 model which was yellow.
Yeah that's the one.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
Originally Posted by b_drift
just be at tracks 8am to get checked in and tech. not sure on your class, but at least you can walk the course some and see how cars take some turns.
if you have a helmet, bring it and hope that it passes tech, if not, then you can use the loaner. shoes, suntan lotion are musts with water. oh yeah, if you are messy like me, empty your car out the night before.

info at
sccahawaii.org

be sure to look at the event changes on the web site.

b
B is correct as far as the cleaning out your car befor eyou go to the race. You must wear closed- toed shoes, and you do need to have a helmet that will pass technical inspection. There are loaner helmets to use, and if you want a "uku- bucket", there are only a few that are available. There are some time changes as far as registration goes. Morning registration starts at 7:30am and ends promptly at 8:30am. Lunch time registration starts at 11:30am and ends promptly at 12:30pm. You miss these times, I can't help you. Hope to see you out there...I doubt we'll be able to miss a 6'5" guy driving an STi...
Old 10-01-2004, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger
B is correct as far as the cleaning out your car befor eyou go to the race. You must wear closed- toed shoes, and you do need to have a helmet that will pass technical inspection. There are loaner helmets to use, and if you want a "uku- bucket", there are only a few that are available. There are some time changes as far as registration goes. Morning registration starts at 7:30am and ends promptly at 8:30am. Lunch time registration starts at 11:30am and ends promptly at 12:30pm. You miss these times, I can't help you. Hope to see you out there...I doubt we'll be able to miss a 6'5" guy driving an STi...
I'll be there for sure. Man 7:30 AM that is early especially when I am driving from Kaneohe. Will you sponsor me as your guest then?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:15 PM

Car Info: MY02 GD WAGON, MY87 AW11
Originally Posted by keirnna
Oh I absolutley agree with you there. I am 6'5" and the EVO has much more room in the interior, but it sacrifices some trunk space.....
Most of the people I talk to into cars wouldnt buy the STi or EVO for trunk space. But I guess if the car would be your only car then I can see that...
Old 10-01-2004, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ditchhanger

You'll be there BEFORE 8 right?
Old 10-01-2004, 02:19 PM

I'll be there for sure. Man 7:30 AM that is early especially when I am driving from Kaneohe. Will you sponsor me as your guest then?
I live in kaneohe too. It only takes 30~40mins to get to cambell in an crapbox MR2, should be faster in an STi..
Old 10-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 2001 RSTi Widebody
No need to pay if you are just spectating.

If you are racing, it will be $25. If you are an SCCA member, it is $17.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:54 PM

Car Info: 02 Turbo Jetta,EVO
Where is this being held at? Just incase I am able to make it ..
Where do you guys meet? map of place? (Sorry not to sound dumb).. lol

Ps: This is tomorrow right?

Quick Reply: Evo's suck, sorry Dan, but I had to say it!