Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Car stolen/stripped - Recommend a dealership/shop to put it back together?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 02:37 PM

Angry Car stolen/stripped - Recommend a dealership/shop to put it back together?

My car was stolen and stripped Sunday. I have to release to shop to get fixed, but I am new to the area and need a dealer/shop recommendation. Because the interior was stripped I would rather have a dealer reconstruct it. Bodywork will also be involved – see below. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you are interested in the details: stolen from in front of my house in Richmond San Francisco. Found before I noticed it gone, got a call at 5 AM informing me of the recovery in South San Francisco. Stripped the interior of all seats except the driver seat. Took the driver’s door window and stripped that door, the stereo (leaving the stock speakers), V1, and other isht. But they left my rims, StopTech BBK, and STI suspension. Why anyone would steal my car for the seats and window leaving the aftermarket stuff is beyond me. They also took a baseball bat to the rear quarter panels.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Re: Car stolen/stripped - Recommend a dealership/shop to put it back together?

Dude, I am sooooo sorry to hear that......that pisses me off sooo bad...I can only imagine how you must feel.... and they couldnt just leave the car stripped? (as if that wasnt bad enough) but they had to take a Baseball bat to the body?!?! WTF is ppls problems? GRRRRRRR I hope someone beats those azzholes to a bloody pulp.....

as far as recommendations goes....I know its a bit of a drive (tow in this case) but I have heard that Subaru of Santa Cruz is exceptional with their cust. service, and quality of workmanship. Thats where I would take my car in that situation.

good luck man, I hope they catch those fockers and send 'em to the big house. good luck

-Ted
Old 12-23-2003, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: a Ford
Man! sorry to hear. Is it that easy to steal subaru's?
Old 12-23-2003, 05:01 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Originally posted by hokusai
Man! sorry to hear. Is it that easy to steal subaru's?
yeah, sorry about your loss, Faiz. That really is a bad welcome to SF for you! The Richmond District is pretty much the worst part of the city for import car theft.

To answer hokusai's ??? ^^^^, ANY car can be had by an experienced thief. From what my friends that install alarms tell me, WRX's are pretty easy to gain entry to. There just haven't been that many hit until now because lots of kids haven't been able to afford them. But all that's changed now that WRX's are so plentiful and cheap on the used cr market. It sounds like whoever got Faiz's car is just a kid that needed a few parts to a fix his own car.

If you don't already have a garage, you might want to look into renting one. It'll probably cost you a $100-200 a month, but it's better than the ha$$le of getting your car stolen or vandalized.

Btw, I don't have any suggestions on good bodyshops in the Bay Area. I moved back up here from SoCal too. I know a few really good places down there though if you ever need one in the future.

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 12-23-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:10 PM

Car Info: civic
i saw someone post on how to get into a wrx.

it's fairly easy....considering where the stock alarm is located and the fact our door windows have no frame.

sorry to hear that man.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
damn! that really sucks!
Dealership:
Always Santa Cruz Subaru
Bodyshop:
Carmat Collision Center
Matthew Koue
1650 Mansfield Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Old 12-23-2003, 10:16 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Re: Car stolen/stripped - Recommend a dealership/shop to put it back together?

Originally posted by Faiz One
But they left my rims, StopTech BBK, and STI suspension.
IDIOT thieves!!!

Then again, thats why thieves are thieves in the first place...
Old 12-24-2003, 12:38 AM

Originally posted by iBlueVirus

Dealership:
Always Santa Cruz Subaru
Bodyshop:
Carmat Collision Center
Matthew Koue
1650 Mansfield Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
Are the two affiliated?
Old 12-24-2003, 08:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Wow dude, that's hella sucky. I have to park my WRX on the street every night... also in the RIchmond district... and it scares the crap outta me. Its survived one theft attempt, thank God. If you want to get together sometime and I'll give you some tips on securing it just shoot me a PM or look me up on AIM (also MMBOOST).

I HATE care thieves.

jason
Old 12-24-2003, 08:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02Wag on 17's
Thumbs down That just ain't right!!!

Faiz One-

That totally sucks man! So sorry to here about this.

So fools just snuck up in the middle of the night, ninja style, and steal you car...you must have one of the quite exhausts that you can't here or they just pushed it down the street a few blocks.

So did some cop just do a random sweep of SSF warehouse district and see your car sitting there??? It's also crazy cuz it sounds like even if you would have had Lo-Jack you still wouldn't have gotten you car back any quicker cuz you were in dream land and not on the phone saying you car got jacked!

Glad they didn't get the STi's or the BBK's! I know how long you've been dealing with the suspension issues.

Take care and I hope the karma comes around and takes fools out!

Lowball
Old 12-24-2003, 08:47 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Originally posted by mmboost
that's hella sucky.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
Autolock stops the casual theif. I saw an autolock post bent and sawed in half across the street from me a few weeks back.

jason
Old 12-24-2003, 10:48 AM

Car Info: 03 WRX + 08 335i + 07 Tahoe Lt3
how bout some sort of relay switch to disable or able ignition power??? Would that worK?? Something like a hidden switch so when your parked someone tries to steal it the ignition is disabled. If anyone know of some device please post. I as many of you invested enormous amounts of money into my car and having it stolen and stripped SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2003, 11:41 AM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Originally posted by bringndefinitio
how bout some sort of relay switch to disable or able ignition power??? Would that worK??

If anyone know of some device please post. I as many of you invested enormous amounts of money into my car and having it stolen and stripped SUCKS!!!!!!!!
ignition/starter/fuel pump/ECU type kills are good, but like ALL anti-theft devices, they are only ***DETERRENTS***.

I hate to sound like a cynic and beat a dead horse, but if someone wants your car or anything on it bad enough, he's gonna get it, no matter what doo-hicky or woo-woo you stick on the car. The fact of the matter is experienced thieves know how to defeat all the anti-theft devices. Most pros can beat them just as fast as you can activate/bolt them on.

Having said all this, the best tool you can use to protect your car is common sense:

---Equip your car w/a "reasonable" amount of security devices (club/autolock, kill switch, alarm--w/back up siren(S) & hood lock)

****ABOVE ALL, be aware of the environment you park your car & take necessary steps to minimize the risks of your car being vandalized or stolen.

1. If you have a garage, park your car in it...EVEN you're only going to be gone for a short time. It's a hassle, but being victimized, dealing w/the PD, insurance comp, & body shops are bigger hassles.

2. Don't park your car in "suspect" environments. If possible, leave your car at home when you go to clubs or you know you're gonna be parking in dark or crime-ridden hoods.

3. Be cognizant of your parking habits/situation (pro thieves are). If you park your car anywhere besides in your garage REGULARLY, make sure it's in a "secure" environment--i.e. not in a remote location, and try to avoid leaving it there any longer than absolutely necessary (don't leave your car at work, the airport, etc while on vacation)

I have some other tips, but I need to head out, so I'll add some more later. But I think I touched on the main things.

Hope this helps,

CL

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 12-24-2003 at 12:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Car stolen/stripped - Recommend a dealership/shop to put it back together?