Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

anyone think they have real driving skills?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 02:32 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
I have documented proof from the DOT that the STi is a race car...
Old 11-11-2005, 02:50 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by sperry
Well it was clear to the people that understand the English language, but I guess you need it explained more simply.

If I go and buy a new Legacy GT, and 5000 miles in, it blows a head gasket, you'd see me post "That stupid *** legacy! I can't believe that gasket blew!" Then I'd go to the dealer and get it fixed under warranty, because Subaru has decided that's not something that should fail so soon.

However, if I go and buy an STI, put a whopping 1500 miles on it, then proceed to wring it out at the drag strip, slop $10,000 in go-fast bits on it, tune it to the limit of sanity, and break the motor. I'd shut the **** up about it, and get it fixed. Pay to play... if you don't like the price, sell the car and buy a pickup, moped, or a bus pass.

So yeah, if you race your car, and your bike, and you break 'em, it's your fault. You should have known, as soon as you go beyond the intended use, you're taking a risk. As soon as you bolt on that exhaust, you're outside of OEM spec... there's a, *gasp*, chance those bits you put on the car might break! As soon as you compete with that car, you should be aware that you're potentially stressing it beyond its capabilities. *Especially* when messing around on the drag strip.

But the bottom line is, you retards and your e-dick swinging are clogging up the forum... every goddamn thread here is like "my car's finally fixed and I'm gonna be the fastest man alive!" or "XXX shop broke my car, so I went and got the secret fix from another shop that's like 11ty billion times better." Here's a hint, no one cares but you. Do you really need our approval so badly that you continue to post this crap and get flamed?
never said u dont pay to play, john has no problem paying, thats not an issue. i just think its awesome how my daily driver is now a racecar, straight awesome. if you dont care and no body else cares, why do you waste your presious time posting it? why would i need your approval? LOL, your not that important bud.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by LagnWagn
That is so perfectly stated that it deserves a quote. I'm so sick of hearing about all these broken **** box drag cars...

I wish the sad little drag crowd would go back to wherever they came from.
LOL, and you can go back to driving around in circles in a parkinglot.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: evo
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
never said u dont pay to play, john has no problem paying, thats not an issue. i just think its awesome how my daily driver is now a racecar, straight awesome. if you dont care and no body else cares, why do you waste your presious time posting it? why would i need your approval? LOL, your not that important bud.
He is pointing out that we don't care with words in that post because you think people do care.

This thread makes me wish you and Lookingforpower had bought EVO's.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
i just think its awesome how my daily driver is now a racecar, straight awesome.
if you race it, what else do you expect it to be?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 SVX, '02 WRX
You keep dwelling on the term "racecar"... go back and read my definition. If you can't understand it after two clear attempts, you're simply never going to get it.

As far as caring, I *do* care. I care that this forum is full of bickering and bull**** that stems from a few people posting crap to boost their own egos. You see, we don't care about your drag racing drama, we *do* care about this forum. So stop ****ing up the SRIC w/ your drama... there's gotta be somewhere else for you to get the attention you crave. Try these guys, they'll love you.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
LOL, and you can go back to driving around in circles in a parkinglot.

WTF!

I agree with Sperry! Just like I said before, every tuner, including Gruppe-S will face people with cars just like all of you complaining. It takes only time. It's an issue every tuner at one time or another will face. There is no point in bashing as you (and I) choose to modify our cars. Once we do that, it is out of designed spec, and we are responsible for their success or failure.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:00 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
N600, why do you always have to start drama?!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
teh dynamic duo strikes again. you guys remind me of the "ace and gary" cartoons from SNL back when it was funny.

i was a very happy customer of the local suby tuner when i had my car. i went so far as doing the typical vf34 setup and putting down some decent power with it. i abused that car like no other, put over 55,000 miles on it in one year, and subjected it to various levels of self inflicted stupidity (oh, i have delta dash, what happens if i do _____ to the timing/boost/fuel parameters?). if i recall correctly, i was the first (or one of the first) customers to have a turbo swapped, to have an ecu reflashed, etc... i'd been giving them my paychecks back when they were at the old-old location with 1 bay.

take a wild *** guess at how much my car was affected by the "blowby" mod? nadda.

i didn't get rid of the car because of any problems with it, i got rid of it because i came to a point where any further power mods would have gone up in cost exponentially and required substantial transmission mods (4eat's are not cheap to modify).
Old 11-11-2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by dcfc03
He is pointing out that we don't care with words in that post because you think people do care.

This thread makes me wish you and Lookingforpower had bought EVO's.
i couldnt afford an Evo if i wanted one.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
I gave up and added LookingForPower and BlackVenom96 to my ignore list. I'm tired of this crap.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:11 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
My head hurts, I'm gonna go street race myself in a straight line and see if I am faster!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:13 PM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
Alot of stuff said by a SSNutswinger

But What happens if you take a perfectly good working car... and bring it to a shop that returns it as a perfectly brocken/blown engine car? hmm....

YEAAA IM GOING TO GO DRIVE MY RACE CAR NOW!!!!

oh ****... I just thought of something...

If I drive a race car... Does that make me a Race Car driver?!?!?!?

YESSSSS Im a race car driver!!! I told you guys I was, no one believed me

and trust me... I definately have no problem paying to pay....

You keep dwelling on the term "racecar"... go back and read my definition. If you can't understand it after two clear attempts, you're simply never going to get it.

As far as caring, I *do* care. I care that this forum is full of bickering and bull**** that stems from a few people posting crap to boost their own egos. You see, we don't care about your drag racing drama, we *do* care about this forum. So stop ****ing up the SRIC w/ your drama... there's gotta be somewhere else for you to get the attention you crave. Try these guys, they'll love you.
i did, u said "does he race it? then its a race car".

so that old corrola is now a racecar. i saw a truck race a minivan the other day, are those now racecars too????? if u didnt want any bickering you would have not posted. oh and i got banned from corner-carvers for introducing myself, LOL. thats cool, hate on drag racing, i remember being out there with sonic suby at the drag strip awhile ago.
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
Originally Posted by doubleurx
My head hurts, I'm gonna go street race myself in a straight line and see if I am faster!

make sure it is down sunrise!!!

Quick Reply: anyone think they have real driving skills?