Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

anyone think they have real driving skills?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
Originally Posted by sperry
I like all the people trying to have "the fastest car in SRIC" that ***** about blowing up motors.

News flash: Race cars break parts. A lot. And then some more. You want a reliable car? Leave it alone. You want a race car? Then STFU when it breaks.

I swear, the SRIC isn't worth visiting anymore thanks to the constant bickering around here, and it's all the same asshats saying the same crap. Get over yourselves.
Your location sucks...
Old 11-10-2005, 03:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1993 Impreza L sedan. USED TO BE a 2004 WRX sedan.
Originally Posted by LookingForPower
I think you missed the part where I said "All of SRIC seems to get whenever they try to make POWER out of their car"
Sounds like you are another victim of the road dyno. Sorry to hear.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1993 Impreza L sedan. USED TO BE a 2004 WRX sedan.
Originally Posted by sperry
I like all the people trying to have "the fastest car in SRIC" that ***** about blowing up motors.

News flash: Race cars break parts. A lot. And then some more. You want a reliable car? Leave it alone. You want a race car? Then STFU when it breaks.

I swear, the SRIC isn't worth visiting anymore thanks to the constant bickering around here, and it's all the same asshats saying the same crap. Get over yourselves.
Thank you. Well said. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with 99.9% of the people there. But, there is the occasional douchebag...
Old 11-10-2005, 06:01 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Come on now, be honest. That night at the Saturday meet you and John said you guys had raced on the freeway and that he had lost becuase there was definitely something wrong with the car. My impression was that this race occurred PRIOR to you guys doing donuts up there. I also remember John mentioning before you two had this race that he had been pulled on by some sort of 3 series BMW on a hot day and he thought a problem existed.

I'm sorry, but John was NOT babying that car. He was also drag racing it in July, when he was "babying" the car up to 2000 miles. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been out there racing, but don't say he babied the car and let his grandmother drive it to keep it from going over 4k rpm when he posted publicly that he was racing.
john was in constant communication with the shop and they insisted that it was fine and everything was how it was supposed to be.

sperry: this isnt a race car, LOL.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:03 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by WRXBABY
Sounds like you are another victim of the road dyno. Sorry to hear.
nope, his car was tuned on an AWD dyno in sacramento.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
Come on now, be honest. That night at the Saturday meet you and John said you guys had raced on the freeway and that he had lost becuase there was definitely something wrong with the car. My impression was that this race occurred PRIOR to you guys doing donuts up there. I also remember John mentioning before you two had this race that he had been pulled on by some sort of 3 series BMW on a hot day and he thought a problem existed.

I'm sorry, but John was NOT babying that car. He was also drag racing it in July, when he was "babying" the car up to 2000 miles. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been out there racing, but don't say he babied the car and let his grandmother drive it to keep it from going over 4k rpm when he posted publicly that he was racing.

Umm Matt my car was in the shop at 2,000 miles for it's first performance parts, the car ran perfect when I brought it in there... I was never racing it before 2,000 miles sorry to say... I then got all the fluids changed and parts added. I have the receipt for you right here for you non-believers...

See here is the part of the story that none of you know, you only know what you heard. We both KNEW exactly what the problem was, we just didn't know how to fix it. At the time of the BMW thing and Justin we knew that the car was pulling timing when it would get hot... We had no clue why it would do it... They directly said the car is fine you can get on it. HELL THEY EVEN SAID I COULD GO TO THUNDERHILL AND RACE IT at one point, it wasn't until I found oil in the charge pipes was I told to no longer get on it, and i DID back off. I never got into boost once. I brought it back to the shop and they strapped it to the dyno and ran the **** out of the car 10x harder then i ever did on the street and the bastard would just keep pulling timing and smoking it's little head off... They had no clue why... They thought it was oil mixing with in the a/f ratio from the old turbo that blew up(which never did)... Then after awhile we started thinking more and more the reason it was pulling timing was because the motor was blown... WRONG again...

That wasn't the reason the car was pulling timing, the actual reason has NOTHING to do with the motor being blown, it was strictly one part bad tuning, two parts another reason I'm not going to say because it's another shops work on how they fixed it. Once the tune was redone and the other problem was fixed, the car to this day does NOT lose power and runs 100% perfect besides the blow by problem.

Oh and BTW that was a good 500 miles after the car was out of the shop, and who gives a **** about some rock chips, I like to have fun in my car not worry about a little mark on my rim.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Exclamation

Umm Matt my car was in the shop at 2,000 miles for it's first performance parts, the car ran perfect when I brought it in there... I was never racing it before 2,000 miles sorry to say... I then got all the fluids changed and parts added. I have the receipt for you right here for you non-believers...
ORLY?

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=411

Originally Posted by LookingForPower, 6/23/2005
I should be out with my white STi, next wednesday but im gunna have to skip school i need to run my car before the mods go on, on thursday
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=418

Originally Posted by LookingForPower, 6/30/2005
I was there, was the white STI that did the worlds worst(actually not as bad as the people i saw in arizona) 1/4 mile time on my first race...

I got it down toa 13.8 on my final run, could have done better only got 3 runs in, and that 3rd run was my third time launching the car EVER
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=421

Originally Posted by LookingForPower, 6/30/2005
hehe 13.8 was my best run yeaaaaand im boen stock....I talked to alot of cool people out there actually, only had 1 real run in the first two where ****, i wont even repeat my first run, if anyone saw it They can laugh aboutit lol it wasnt bad for the first time racing my car
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=50

Originally Posted by LookingForPower, 7/18/2005
Woo just got up from my "nap". There is no more car in my garage and i might have to drive the Rav-4 to school today, Can i borrow the Homotron badge while im driving it, so people will know i know. Still trying to talk my parents into letting me Drive the 05 Lexus GS300 not working to well
Looks like you're a liar.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Troll

Ok Well my memory is retarded, I forgot about running my car stock either way The car was suppose to go into the shop at 1500 miles which was my where i thought my break-in period was over. It ended up getting extended to a little under 2,000 because i was waiting on the gt-12 to get in stock. Either way the car was properly brocken in and not raced before it was broken in no matter how you put it. I also Had a VW GTi that i bought brand new, that I broke in... Never had a SINGLE problem with it... I ran a 13.97@101, and had 30k miles problem free so I know it's not that I don't know how to break in a car...
Old 11-10-2005, 07:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I see what you're saying, it's just that in my opinion, if you can't remember you raced your car when it was stock, yet you're making all these claims that you didn't and that the car was absolutely babied prior to modification, the above revelation sorta damages your credibility.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Why are we starting stuff again people! Let by gones be by gones

Can't we just all let it go? :sadwavey:

Good god man it's:

"Can't we all just get along?"!

For all the haters:

BTW my engine didn't just blow up!, in fact the GT30-12 is running perfectly. While I don't get it sideways at the river too often, it has done more track days & miles than average as well as last year's crazy winter without issue.

This kinda crap can be said for any tuner out there that has done any sort of volume. There will always be haters. Look at Vishnu for example. In their prime they were it! Now they, along with TXS, Kingpin, Slowboy.......etc.; all have their haters. Fact of life. Unfortunately for the subaru folks, they have the crazy volumn of subaru nuts on the web to see themselves bashed.

That said, SBC F'n sucks!
Old 11-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Troll

I see what you're saying, it's just that in my opinion, if you can't remember you raced your car when it was stock, yet you're making all these claims that you didn't and that the car was absolutely babied prior to modification, the above revelation sorta damages your credibility.

I realized that, but I have always broken in my cars properly.

and WRX do you mean Small Block Chevy's? lol
Old 11-11-2005, 08:58 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 SVX, '02 WRX
Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
john was in constant communication with the shop and they insisted that it was fine and everything was how it was supposed to be.

sperry: this isnt a race car, LOL.
Has he raced it? Then it's a race car.

Maybe not a Speed World Challenge GT "race car", but he's demanding that it do more than it was designed to do, and therefore it will break before one driven as Subaru intended.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
...That wasn't the reason the car was pulling timing, the actual reason has NOTHING to do with the motor being blown, it was strictly one part bad tuning, two parts another reason I'm not going to say because it's another shops work on how they fixed it....
What's with the secret fix?? <--not poking just curious what happend.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:09 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
What's with the secret fix??
Duct tape.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:11 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
Originally Posted by T-Will
Duct tape.
I guess I wanted to know the problem and the fix. So what did the duct tape fix?

Quick Reply: anyone think they have real driving skills?