Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

anyone think they have real driving skills?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 03:28 PM
dz

Car Info: 1996 Mustang GT/2013 Outback Limited
John babying the car:

From this thread - DUW:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/pictures-our-adventure-today-death-dialup-108554/
Old 11-10-2005, 03:31 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
that was what, 500 miles after getting the car back the first time? i guess when u buy a new suspension, and a bigger turbo u can never use it. is that what your saying dan? as long as you dont go WOT in your high perforamnce car youll be fine........
Old 11-10-2005, 03:34 PM
dz

Originally Posted by BlackVenom96
that was what, 500 miles after getting the car back the first time? i guess when u buy a new suspension, and a bigger turbo u can never use it. is that what your saying dan? as long as you dont go WOT in your high perforamnce car youll be fine........
When you know there is something wrong with the car you do not beat on it to make it go faster - no matter how long it has been out of your hands. That is just plain stupid and it is exactly what John did. There was a problem with his car - those things happen, but he made a bad situation worse.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:39 PM

Car Info: Silver 09 STI
Originally Posted by dz
When you know there is something wrong with the car you do not beat on it to make it go faster - no matter how long it has been out of your hands. That is just plain stupid and it is exactly what John did. There was a problem with his car - those things happen, but he made a bad situation worse.
at that point we were still trying to figure out if there was a problem with the car. so your telling me that if your car was to studder at say 5k rpm, for the first time ever, just a little studder, you would imediately take it to the shop. or would u take it to 5k rpm again to see if it happened again?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
i was waiting for this thread to blow up.

Cheers.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:40 PM
dz

if your car had been botched like his, youde probably be more upset than he is/was.
My car was mis-handled and the problem was ignored by a bay area shop before I went to any local shop. I went easy on the car and did not get in to boost for several months of daily driving until the problem was resolved. Funny thing is that the car never blew up even though it would ping and suffer from high EGTs if I pushed it hard. I dealt with the situation and moved on...
Old 11-10-2005, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon MT
Originally Posted by dz
John babying the car:

From this thread - DUW:
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108554
dz for the win

Old 11-10-2005, 03:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
This thread needs to be split

Or better yet, just create a 'Go-Soggy-Go' type of thread for LookingForPower, so he can entertain himself.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:43 PM
dz

at that point we were still trying to figure out if there was a problem with the car. so your telling me that if your car was to studder at say 5k rpm, for the first time ever, just a little studder, you would imediately take it to the shop. or would u take it to 5k rpm again to see if it happened again?
I would try again and then drive the car like a normal sane person until the car was fixed. I would not even think about doing what you guys did ever because I don't want to eff up the wheels and paint on my car from chucking rocks...
Old 11-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Originally Posted by kidatari
This thread needs to be split

Or better yet, just create a 'Go-Soggy-Go' type of thread for LookingForPower, so he can entertain himself.
why create a gsg thread? this is sric.

gsg is not about drama. It's for people who don't have aim at work.

I see this thread as e-thuggin at it's finest.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
why create a gsg thread? this is sric.

gsg is not about drama. It's for people who don't have aim at work.

I see this thread as e-thuggin at it's finest.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Why are we starting stuff again people! Let by gones be by gones

Can't we just all let it go? :sadwavey:
Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon MT
Originally Posted by kidatari

Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '94 SVX, '02 WRX
I like all the people trying to have "the fastest car in SRIC" that ***** about blowing up motors.

News flash: Race cars break parts. A lot. And then some more. You want a reliable car? Leave it alone. You want a race car? Then STFU when it breaks.

I swear, the SRIC isn't worth visiting anymore thanks to the constant bickering around here, and it's all the same asshats saying the same crap. Get over yourselves.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Come on now, be honest. That night at the Saturday meet you and John said you guys had raced on the freeway and that he had lost becuase there was definitely something wrong with the car. My impression was that this race occurred PRIOR to you guys doing donuts up there. I also remember John mentioning before you two had this race that he had been pulled on by some sort of 3 series BMW on a hot day and he thought a problem existed.

I'm sorry, but John was NOT babying that car. He was also drag racing it in July, when he was "babying" the car up to 2000 miles. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been out there racing, but don't say he babied the car and let his grandmother drive it to keep it from going over 4k rpm when he posted publicly that he was racing.

Quick Reply: anyone think they have real driving skills?