Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

anyone think they have real driving skills?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 06:01 PM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
Yes, it took many years and dedication to grow my overlapping ***** that large, but you too can grow ***** this large by following my "Overlapping Ball Growing Workout" for only 3 easy payments of $19.99!
Old 11-11-2005, 08:45 PM
Troll

Car Info: GT35R White 2005 Impreza STi and a 2000 Camaro Z28/RS
Originally Posted by T-Will
Yes, it took many years and dedication to grow my overlapping ***** that large, but you too can grow ***** this large by following my "Overlapping Ball Growing Workout" for only 3 easy payments of $19.99!

Oh ****!! What a steal!!!

How about we race down sunrise from In and Out to In and Out, If I beat you, then I get free overlapping ***** book
Old 11-12-2005, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by LookingForPower
Oh ****!! What a steal!!!

How about we race down sunrise from In and Out to In and Out, If I beat you, then I get free overlapping ***** book
Sounds good. And just to clarify, it's not a book, it's a "system".
Old 11-12-2005, 12:56 AM
Troll

Originally Posted by T-Will
Sounds good. And just to clarify, it's not a book, it's a "system".

I couldn't find you out there tonight... Did you chicken out?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:57 PM

Oh sorry, I was with your mom all night.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:53 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
John, if you have/had a problem with the gages that I installed, you should have called me.
I take great pride in my work & take it personally when I screw up.
I located the controller box where it is as I didn't feel comfortable putting in the arm rest cubby or glovebox as I failed to get your input as to where you'd like it.
What was to be communicated to you was that if you wanted it in another location, I'd do just that.
If this wasn't made clear to you, I appologize.
Still, you have a problem with my workmanship, talk to me, and if I have to come to your house & fix it, so be it.

As far as your engine goes, I have no idea, as I have not seen it now.
What I do know is that when your car was in for the gages & 2nd turbo (GT-14?), I poured oil out of the intercooler & associated plumbing; I'm guessing approx 1 cup/8oz of oil.
Also, whilst being tuned, I belive the ecu was consistantly pulling timing, which could be caused by a few things.
Bad/disconnected knock sensor, faulty ecu, onset rod knock/piston slap, etc.

As you took your car to another shop for the rotated turbo set up, what did they tell you?
Did they try to tune your car before installing the turbo?
Was your car still pulling timing?
If it was, why continue with the install?
If everything was good before the rotated install, why are you blaming S^2 for a blown engine?

So, John, the ball is in your court.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Troll

Originally Posted by Oaf
Gauges

As far as your engine goes, I have no idea, as I have not seen it now.
What I do know is that when your car was in for the gages & 2nd turbo (GT-14?), I poured oil out of the intercooler & associated plumbing; I'm guessing approx 1 cup/8oz of oil.
Also, whilst being tuned, I belive the ecu was consistantly pulling timing, which could be caused by a few things.
Bad/disconnected knock sensor, faulty ecu, onset rod knock/piston slap, etc.

As you took your car to another shop for the rotated turbo set up, what did they tell you?
Did they try to tune your car before installing the turbo?
Was your car still pulling timing?
If it was, why continue with the install?
If everything was good before the rotated install, why are you blaming S^2 for a blown engine?
The gauge install itself was fine, you did a good job on that I can give you that. I don't know what happened though on the bottom screw of the two screws?? It looks like there was a screw put in way to far and it cracked the gauge pod, and like stripped(i don't know if it's stripped just what it looks like). Then the location of the mounting of it is fine, just next time use a stickier substance to keep the controller in spot is all. In reality the gauges are the least of my concern, since the crack isn't that big and all it will take is a trip to Home Depot to get some double sided tape to fix the controller, so don't take offence to the gauges...

The car was actually strapped to a dyno/leak down/compression tested before we even discussed the rotated kit. The leak down/compression testv came out with some questionable numbers on two of the cylinders(don't remember the numbers off the top of my head I can get them) , and the motor was borderline on the leak down test. I figured if the motor is already blown why not see how well it can do... what's the worst that can happen, since it's already blown....

After that the car was then put on the dyno to see what the baseline numbers where, and see the fuel map and see what was wrong with the car. I wanted to see if I should even get the rotated kit, or could i get the numbers I was looking for on the GT-14... It ended up basically being all in the tuning(i know some of the problem looked worse because Nate made it a really safe tune because he was trying to save the motor and figure out what was wrong before he pushed it, but it wasn't any of the problems that me and nate ended up talking about that was really the main cause). The car No longer pulled timing, and everything was good but just wasn't making the numbers I was looking for, but was able to get some ok numbers out of the thing.

So me and Mike talked and decided that we might as well push it since it can't really hurt anything since he got the timing issue to be fixed, so I decided to go with the Rotated kit, when the old turbo was removed they noticed that the old turbo inlet pipe is literally CAKED in oil, the whole inside of it is black, and that wouldn't be like that just from a blown turbo...

The car has been back for a good amount of time now, and I am not having problems as far as the car pulling timing for any reasons, nor do I have the power any sort of power loss. On their Dyno he did consecutive back to back to back pulls, and all he lost was 3-6whp.