Dumpster Lost a post? Look for it here. Dirty, vulgar, and other offensive post are RIP here and emptied monthly.

Anouncing Griffin Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:18 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Anouncing Griffin Racing!

Annoucing a new, state-of-the-art, all-inclusive tuning destination in the Bay Area!...

Griffin Racing

Opening in just a couple of weeks, Griffin Racing will be providing world class service with experienced, certified technicians who take great pride in their work and demonstrate extreme attention to detail. We specialize in complete car builds and chassis setup, both for the street and for the most serious of track use. From simple parts installations and adjustment to full-blown custom setups, from alignments and fluid changes to fabrication, we do it all, and we do it right the first time. We know our technicians are the best, and that’s why all labor at Griffin Racing comes with a lifetime guarantee.

In addition to the great service department, Griffin Racing will have a brand new, AWD, load-bearing, adjustable wheelbase, state-of-the-art dynamometer from Land and Sea Research. L&S has some of the most impressive dyno software anywhere in the world today, and its dyno system is extremely capable and adaptable. No dyno is complete without proper cooling and exhaust systems, however, and Griffin Racing will be going all out. HUGE, powerful, directed axial fans will be providing massive volumes of fresh air for the car in order to simulate actual road conditions as best as possible. Exhaust ventilation will be taken care of so there are no noxious fumes inside of the shop. This will be one of the nicest dyno facilities anywhere, and you will be proud to see your car up on the rollers.

YES! – Griffin Racing will be performing exceptional engine management tuning on this brand new dyno. Cobb Tuning’s ProTuner software will be supported, as well as the capability to tune various standalones, piggybacks, etc. We can also do simple ECU reflashes with our own software, no peripherals necessary.

Of course, no shop would be complete without retail. Griffin Racing carries an extensive product line – from exclusive deals with Seibon, JIC, and Crucial Racing Systems, to Exedy, DBA, Agency Power, ACT, Hawk and many many dozens more.

From start to finish, we can take your car from stock, all the way to “Griffin Built.”… ready for time attack, circuit racing, or tearing up the street. Although our specialty is complete car builds and custom tunes, we’re also proud to be your shop of choice for your regular maintenance and parts needs.

Oh yes… who is Griffin Racing? Well… Griffin is the result of a very exciting joining of forces of two Bay Area companies: Forced Induction Authority /// Race Centric, and Equilibrium Tuning. FIA has years of service history and race car building and setup experience – Subaru, Mitsubishi, and much more. EQ Tuning has steadily gained an impressive and deserved reputation for being one of the very best Subaru tuners in the area, and, candidly, the country. Ed’s maps and incredible remote tuning skills have been gaining national popularity, and Griffin is excited to have him manning the dyno. In addition to these two companies, Jeremy Siwek of Crucial (EJ20Legacy on most of the forums), is a partner and will be involved in R&D and general management of Griffin.

Where is Griffin Racing? Griffin will be located just south of San Francisco, in the city of Brisbane.

What cars does Griffin work on? We specialize in forced induction. Turbo Subaru’s, Mitsubishi Evolutions, Audi S4/A4, Skylines, etc. Additionally, we do custom work such as supercharger systems for trucks and F/I systems for other cars such as 350Z, M3, RX-8, and more. Our service, parts, and setup teams are incredibly experienced and full car setup and maintenance on most makes and models is performed with ease and professionalism, whether turbocharged, supercharged, or naturally aspirated. Shooting for a high HP, high revving, N/A engine?... no problem. We’ll consult with you to come up with the best options for your vehicle and its intended usage.

We hope everyone is as excited as we are! Griffin will be THE Bay Area tuning destination. We intend to set ourselves apart with the quality and professionalism that you deserve, and the attention to detail and wonderful facilities that your car deserves.

Keep an eye out for some darn quick cars sporting a “Griffin Built” logo… or see us at the shop to make your car one of them.

--- The Griffin Racing Team ---

Website, Griffin Racing logo, etc, TBA

...it’s Griffin, btw, as in:

“Griffins are portrayed with a lion's body, an eagle's head and wings, long ears, and an eagle's claws, to indicate that one must combine intelligence and strength.”

Last edited by MethodBuilt; 11-05-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:25 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
Sweeeeet!

I know it's been in the works for a while now.. congrats on getting it all together.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:27 PM

Nice! Congrats Ed and crew getting things together. I'm newly out of warranty and feeling a bit liberated as to future possiblities.

And +1 on the location - close enough for me.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Congrats on the adventure ed... this shop should be pretty damn good right off the bat, great tuner and great people there!! Should be up there with best suby shop in cali! :banana:

Ed, will you be tuning for Ecutek again?

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
awesome
Old 10-30-2006, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 psm wrx
Man!!! You'd be just right over the hill from me (Visitacion Valley). Sucks now that I'm moving.

Well good luck to you

-ryan
Old 10-30-2006, 01:56 PM

Car Info: WRX STi
Another shop with experienced suby mechanics and a high-profile tuner....damn the bay area is a mecca for us subaru fanatics.

Good luck on the venture guys....looking forward to the grand opening.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:57 PM

for a sec I thought this was the Griffin Motorwerk shop in Berkeley

Where in Brisbane are u located? I'm guessing either 200 Valley Drive or 100 North Hill Dr or Park Place/Lane or West Hill Place

Last edited by TurnWRX; 10-30-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:59 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Do these guys know your using something so close to their name?

http://www.g-werke.com/

Terry's been in business with that name a long time, I'd hate to see you guys wind up in court....
Old 10-30-2006, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Originally Posted by psoper

Terry's been in business with that name a long time, I'd hate to see you guys wind up in court....
Close, but it's not like they are using "Griffin Autoworks"

Definately need to look into any possible legal issues. Especially since there is a geographic similarity as well.

Good luck with the shop, will have to check it out
Old 10-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Car Info: 05' Evo MR w/E85 - 10' Ralliart Sportback w/E85
Originally Posted by psoper

My thoughts exactly. Terry has been in business for a long long long time here in the bay area. Did you guy research the name Griffin at all?
Old 10-30-2006, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 04wrx
yes now I dont have to cross the bridge to get a tune. +1 for brisbane.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Thanks for the encouraging comments.

Weather we will support Ecutek or not is still up in the air, but we will at the very least offer a set it and forget it reflash option for those who do not require or want an AccessPort.

We did research the name Griffin Racing and noticed Griffin Autowerke in Berkeley. We all agreed that the name Griffin Racing is different enough considering that the shop will be in a different end of the bay area and there is a clear distinction in the type of services that will be offered. It is not our intention to cause any confusion and we hope that the distinction between Griffin Racing and Griffin Autowerke is clear enough.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
With the reputation you already have Ed, I imagine the distinction will be clear in no time

(btw....any relation???)

Quick Reply: Anouncing Griffin Racing!