Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

who has an aftermarket clutch/flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 10:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
Originally Posted by kidatari
Holy crosspost batman!! You seriously didn't need to create 8 threads, there is a search tool

Batman kicks @$$. But he don't kill the bad guys and I have a hard time dealing with that.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Rust and Salt
Originally Posted by newyorkreload
Batman kicks @$$. But he don't kill the bad guys and I have a hard time dealing with that.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
+1, what International B said. Here's a PM I sent recently talking to a fellow i-clubber about my setup. I have an Exedy organic clutch and Streetlite flywheel.

Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
The pedal feel is actually very close to stock, surprisingly. But that is how it is supposed to be. It's just a little stiffer. Stop and go traffic is a breeze. I haven't had any clutch shudder yet, and I give that credit to breaking it in properly. It's just like any brake or engine system...if you aren't easy on it the first xxxxx amount of miles, it aint gonna treat you well the rest of its life. I actually have not really launched it at all since I have had it in...not any super hard or fast launches, anyways. Clutch slipping and modulation is very easy, though.

The stock clutch is actually good for a fair amount of horsepower (300hp if I remember correctly), so if you're not gonna go mod crazy, go with that, although I don't know how much they cost, I haven't priced them lately. The Exedy clutch I picked up is just alittle more aggressive than stock, but should hold a bit more power with no problem, too.

I've heard horror stories of both the ACT and Exedy clutch, I think that all depends on if it's installed correctly, if you break it in properly, and if you abuse it or not. I bought mine through Gruppe-S and it's alittle cheaper than what they put on their website, but if you can find a better deal, go for it!

When I first picked up my car from the shop, I thought it would rev alittle quicker with the Streetlite fly, which weighs in at 13.9lbs, so there wasn't much getting used to. After driving it around, I realized it does rev faster than stock, and it's easier to plant the RPM's where you want them. Plus, I haven't had any CEL's popping up at all(misread of a mis-fire like a lot of people get with super light flys).

All in all, it's been a great setup, but only time will tell with any setup, right?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon

nice. Adam West is the man. Love him in the Family Guy
Old 12-14-2005, 12:35 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
i have exedy organic, and i love it .... im about to get my RA gearset and put in my ACT streetlite, dont get the prolite .. 9.xx lbs i believe ... it'll just drop the rpm too fast as soon as you let off the throttle ... not very streetable.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
I'm running a hyper single exedy clutch. Flywheel has just been balanced and lightend.

Drives fine, clutch kick all the time but that's because of my OS gear set
Old 12-14-2005, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by 1codeRED
i have the exedy organic sport clutch mating my RA gears. almost feels the same as the stock clutch, just a little bit harder, but it really grabs. i still got my stock flywheel tho...
How's it feel with the ra gears? Big difference?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:26 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by kidatari
Holy crosspost batman!! You seriously didn't need to create 8 threads, there is a Search, tool
I fix. Merged all previously posted threads on the subject and moved it to Impreza Transmission forum.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-14-2005, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
Originally Posted by Daisuki
wow. how long did it take you to do all the work?
i helped another person, he did most of the taking of all the parts needed, i just had to help him yank the tranny out...i think it took the person 12 hrs or so...
Old 12-14-2005, 05:03 PM
VIP Member

Holy crosspost batman!! You seriously didn't need to create 8 threads, there is a search tool
don't worry i did, and i already apologize to Wingless Wonder through pm...
Old 12-15-2005, 12:04 AM

Car Info: WRX 2002
Rudy,

I have the Exedy hyper single clutch and RA gear set on my 02. It feels a lot stronger than stock. Higher revs needed to get started.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:32 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wrx37484
Rudy,

I have the Exedy hyper single clutch and RA gear set on my 02. It feels a lot stronger than stock. Higher revs needed to get started.
is that the one you bought from brad(lucky you)? i don't think i need the hyper single clutch because i don't produce that much power anyway, correct me if im wrong-but i think the organic clutch should be fine with my set up....thanks...
Old 01-16-2006, 03:56 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP STi
Hey i have extra exedy organic clutch + pressure plate and lightened flywheel i bought for my 02 wrx. Just wondering if you need it i can sell it for $500 altogether !!