Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

What is DCCD for?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:50 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI
What is DCCD for?

just wondering what its for, mines usually on auto, read the manual and it was like reading japanese. Can someone explain the DCCD?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Most people I know end up leaving it on auto.

The DCCD can dynamically control your center differential. In can go from a 50/50 torque split between the front and rear, or adjusted to up to a maximum of 30/70 torque split (I believe).

I'm convinved, though, that for most driving conditions, auto is way better then having the torque split at a set ammount.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:05 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
how does it work

electronic

does that activate a clutch or how does it split teh torq?
Old 10-12-2006, 03:30 PM

hmm.... let me go drive around, i wanna see if i feel a difference, brb
Old 10-12-2006, 04:41 PM

Car Info: '05 Impreza Outback Sport ~ "WTF! Two-Toned?"
Lightbulb My .02!

I find in the tight stuff, say with warning signs 20 mph to 45 mph rolling the DCCD all the way back (there is a different torque split on every year STI so far) the car has a mild oversteer that allows you to pivot the car with either the throttle or trail braking. Allowing you to carve that tight stuff a lot more quickly...

On the other hand, with it rolled all the way forward, the STI takes a slight understeer mode that gives you the confidence on the high speed (espcially at 3 digit speeds) sweepers, you will feel the loss of traction in the steering wheel. Also, the 1st reaction is the proper one with this set-up... off the gas, gain traction and turn in again.

This makes the EVO's system look prehistoric at best. And I drive both on a weekly basis at work :-)
Old 10-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Car Info: WRX STi
Originally Posted by NW OBS
This makes the EVO's system look prehistoric at best. And I drive both on a weekly basis at work :-)
So you think the STI handles better than the EVO?? or just has a more advanced electronic diff??
Old 10-19-2006, 04:13 PM

hahah im back, man do you feel a difference when its all the way up, and all the way down, you can feel that when you put it up that its front wheels are moving becuase when you come to a stop its completely different, same as when you have it down you have the feeling that the back wheels are moving , and when it is on auto it has the best feeling because its no push or pulling you, its a werid feeling that i love!