Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Is the subaru 5 speed that bad

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 07:30 AM

Car Info: 2002 White WRX
Blew My Trans In A Week

I got a 2002 WRX sedan about 2 weeks ago. And I was stoped at a light. I put it into first as I see the other side of the traffic light turn yellow, and once the light turns green I go. I got to shift into second and my second gear just blows! What a loud of crap. I have the car for like 7 days! And I already blew the trans? I dont think so. So I have it TOWED to the dealership and they say its driver abuse! How can you blow a transmission in 7 days? Its not like I was sqeeking it into second everytime I would be stoped at a light! I got the car with 23000 miles. And I put maybe 800 on it before the damn thing blew! So im printing out all the bad stuff all of you are saying about the WRX transmission and going to show them it, and see what they say about it then. And if that dosent work im out 4100 bucks!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:13 AM

Car Info: 2002 White WRX
My Rex

I bought the car from a ford dealership. They did a 100 point inspection on it, and then I took it to a Subaru dealership and had them do the 150 point inspection. It gota 100% on both. Plus the ford dealership said the the owner was a woman who traded it in for a fully loaded excape. So it sounded like a pretty sound deal. Im going to the pick up my car today, lest just hope I get them to put it under warranty! Wish me luck!

Oh, also when I ask if it would be covered under warranty the first time. They siad its usually from the driver abusing the car or transmission at the moment of it breaking. Is that true?

Last edited by 4830DeuceWRX; 05-05-2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:49 PM

Car Info: silver 2.5 tr 2006MT wrx
i have a 2.5 rs, mt, some one earlier wrote about clutch shudder, what is that from, and what can i do to make it go away, i do not burn out, i did the 1000 mile break in and ****, i changed the mt oil, and i checked it for metal bits, and did not see really anything at all(mt oil changed at 16000, along with rear df). is that shudder a bad thing. it feels like you have a front wheel drve car with bald tires pulling out on wet tarmac. it also does not do this all the time, sometimes it does it in reverse, into 1 and into 2nd. but only like when i first start the car, in the morning.

Quick Reply: Is the subaru 5 speed that bad