Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

hitching clutch

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 04:26 PM

Car Info: 2002 White WRX Wagon (WWW)
I have heard it described as "driveline ******" and the explanation that was given for it was that if you think about it the WRX has 5 drive axles essentially. So when you go from accelerating to slowing down each of the joints has a small amount of play and they add up to a more pronounced jerk than a two wheel drive car. I'm sure the tranny and stuff adds to it. It was deemed normal though. Don't know if that's any help...
Old 04-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
this sums it up completely...

Originally posted by KmanRuffian
I have heard it described as "driveline ******" and the explanation that was given for it was that if you think about it the WRX has 5 drive axles essentially. So when you go from accelerating to slowing down each of the joints has a small amount of play and they add up to a more pronounced jerk than a two wheel drive car. I'm sure the tranny and stuff adds to it. It was deemed normal though. Don't know if that's any help...
Old 04-17-2004, 11:02 PM

Car Info: 1992 Toyota Sera
Hard rubber type STi / Group N motor and transmission mounts will take away a lot of the play and reduce the jerk. Downside is you get more noise, vibration, harshness while driving, of course...
Old 04-18-2004, 05:40 PM

also get more response in low rpm...cuz the power doesn't need to go through the ****** stage or whatever they called it above. it will just transfer the power right away. so mabye when ur close to bogging and u give it full or half gas..the car will shake a lil and then go. i have read posts that with tranny and enginge mount...the vibration is no longer present and the power goes ot the wheels very quickly.

i have been meaning to the mounts....it is a for sure mod for me in the future.