Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Fixed Transmission Warranty Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 10:51 PM

Car Info: '02 Subaru Impreza WRX
Fixed Transmission Warranty Issue

I'm sorry my bad. I was under a time crunch and thought this the most efficient way to deal with it. I will explain and fix. My car is currently under examination by the Subaru dealer for a transmission problem. I brought it in when I could not shift out of second gear. They are taking the transmission apart tomorrow, and are telling me it might be caused by me shifting too hard. I don't shift hard and I am concerned that they will try to put the costs on me, when I am still under the powertrain warranty. So I am trying to build a case prior to them trying to pin the repairs on me for what I feel was warranty work. The dealership is saying that if a rod is bent I have to pay the cost cause it is user abuse. I hope this explains this better.

If anyone has had a similar experience please post or e-mail me at rude_art@oco.net

Thank you and sorry again.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester Sports 2.5 XT
Check this out!!!

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...threadid=30299
Old 09-11-2003, 09:14 PM

is this the first time for any trans work-if so dont get nasty-i at my dealer will always repair the first time no questions-its when i get you back for the 2nd-3rd time that theres a problem-trust me subaru will do everything to make you happy-if you have problems
with them saying its abuse-contact ur area dsm for a talk.building a case is jumping the gun,keep a cool head and things will be taken care of.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:29 AM

Car Info: '02 Subaru Impreza WRX
I was just preparing myself for the worst. When I was talking to maintenance they kept telling me it probably would not be covered. I just found out this morning that Subaru will cover it, so I am happy. I did not attack or act poorly to the dealer. If they had told me that it was not covered I would have wanted to act as quickly as possible. It is afterall my only car. Thank you everyone for your help.