Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Do you think SOA will deny me for the clutch shudder...please read

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 10:16 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Do you think SOA will deny me for the clutch shudder...please read

I have a Cat-Back exhaust, a blow off Valve and 18" wheels/tires, and ofcourse some stereo equipment, but i dont think that has anything to do with it...but with those mods will a subaru dealership deny me for warranty claims related to the tranny/clutch?

has anyone had a bad experience with minimal mods like that?

Last edited by Zoeb2s; 03-18-2003 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
everything you listed are legal. Correct me if I am wrong. Anything before the TB and after header you could do whatever you want. But I am not sure in a force induction car (your BOV). It might be before the turbo for you. But here is the thing (i got it from a dealership). If it's not the cause of the problem, you are okay. If it's illegal but they don't have to take it off, it's okay. Take it to Santa Cruz Subaru and good luck!

Leo

Originally posted by Cabal
I've seen reports of people having the clutch shudder work done under warranty with mods similar to your own. You can either hope your dealer is mod-friendly, find another who is, or yank some of the bigger mods. You would know better than us.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:32 PM

since u have a bov and cat back, i would suggest and go ahead and put ur stock bov and cat back on and that would leave no question about ur warranty. it will give the service manager less leverage to use against u.
u may want to consider putting ur stock wheels back on too but i dont think it would be necessary.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:44 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally posted by stick
since u have a bov and cat back, i would suggest and go ahead and put ur stock bov and cat back on and that would leave no question about ur warranty. it will give the service manager less leverage to use against u.
u may want to consider putting ur stock wheels back on too but i dont think it would be necessary.
I sold my stock wheels, you don't think they can hold that against me, do u?

Also the things I have on my car don't really produce more power, would it really be an issue? I would like to take it in w/o having to pull off all that stuff, but if its really going to be an issue I rather do it then to be denied.

Also, I cannot take my car to Santa Cruz subaru b/c I live about 2 hours+ away, and i Work/go to school monday-saturday.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
hmmm.... ic... again, i don't they are an issue. but if you want to be save. call your local dealership and pretend to be someone else and ask the service manager that question. Good luck!

Leo
Originally posted by 02BlackWRX
I sold my stock wheels, you don't think they can hold that against me, do u?

Also the things I have on my car don't really produce more power, would it really be an issue? I would like to take it in w/o having to pull off all that stuff, but if its really going to be an issue I rather do it then to be denied.

Also, I cannot take my car to Santa Cruz subaru b/c I live about 2 hours+ away, and i Work/go to school monday-saturday.
Old 03-18-2003, 12:53 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally posted by iBlueVirus
hmmm.... ic... again, i don't they are an issue. but if you want to be save. call your local dealership and pretend to be someone else and ask the service manager that question. Good luck!

Leo
its too bad my local dealership is the stevens creek subaru of the fairfield/vacaville area (Green Valley Subaru)..I think i'll try Diablo in Walnut Creek, their technicians aren't certified FORD techs like G.V. Subaru.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:31 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
You're probably right about the abuse (heck, I know what I did to my car when I test drove it BEFORE I committed to buying it) but it's pretty much proven that the material used for the OEM clutch disc is at fault for the judder problem. It's hygroscopic, meaning it absorbs water, and this causes the disc to not be fully engaged with the flywheel and pressure plate. The high and ow parts cause the disc to 'skip', which causes more rough spots, and it builds and builds to the point that you have to burn it back down to semi-flatness. Naturally, it doesn't last, sorta like the grain on your lawn when you mow it. After you play a few games of rugby on it, it doesn't look so pretty.