Drivetrain Encompasses driveline components such as the torque converter, clutch, transmission, shifter, front and center differentials, driveshaft, rear differential, and axles.

Dealer trying to deny my warranty.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 01:35 PM

Car Info: 2002 White WRX Wagon (WWW)
If they try to deny your warranty mention court or call up the BBB. Do a search on i-club and you'll find out that basically eventually justice will be done but SOA is a PITA and you may have to work for it. I understand they do have problems with people abusing their cars but they can be really b1tches apparently. I hope everything works out. It helps a lot that your car is bone stock too... With a little luck it'll be fine and they'll honor your warranty.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
common sense

i work for subaru- seriously!! anyone in their right mind can tell that if 5th is grinding(worn out) that it obviously is not from racing! how many wrx owners can attest that 5th gear is useless except to quiet the tranny/engine! so i'm sorry to say this dude but your svc. dept is smoking crack. if you have a local news station that would be willing to air this situation- use that as leverage for your work. i'm sure the dealer will then sing a different tune. hmmm...? $3,000>bad publicity
Old 01-19-2004, 02:41 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
SUBARU SUCKS D!CK

My local dealership denied my warranty when my engine blew. (running lean is not a good thing) That is beside the point, every time I took it in I took the MBC off so no one ever saw it on there. they got my car pulled the dipstick, saw there was no oil on it, placed it on the lift and saw there were no external leaks and said it was not an issue for warranty repair. I fought with them for a week about this. The svc. manager told me that I had four days to come and get my car or they were charging me storage. I was PISSED. I went down to get my car and the manager would not even talk to me. I spoke with the guy below him ( smug little bastard) he told me that subaru wants five grand for a new engine with a one year part and labor warranty and that they are not allowed to work on it. I went off on him I grabbed him up by his throat it took three service guys to pull me off him. They called the cops. when they got there I had to explain my case to him, he said that he did'nt blame me but, he had to make me leave. So i left eight days later a recieved a summons for a protective order. I went to court the judge told me I am not allowed on any of that dealerships lots ever again. I had to pay 150 bucks and that was that. Then I called customer dealer services and got no where real quick they told me that I would need a lawyer to get anything done, well I could not find a lawyer to take the case without getting certain paperwork from the dealership the dealership told me that I need a lawyer to get the paperwork.
Now I am stuck with a junkyard motor from a wagon, not a big deal this one runs better than the last. It is BS that subaru does not stand behind their products. Other than that I still love my car.
Old 01-20-2004, 02:09 AM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: SUBARU SUCKS D!CK

Originally posted by subarusucks
My local dealership denied my warranty when my engine blew. (running lean is not a good thing) That is beside the point, every time I took it in I took the MBC off so no one ever saw it on there. they got my car pulled the dipstick, saw there was no oil on it, placed it on the lift and saw there were no external leaks and said it was not an issue for warranty repair. I fought with them for a week about this. The svc. manager told me that I had four days to come and get my car or they were charging me storage. I was PISSED. I went down to get my car and the manager would not even talk to me. I spoke with the guy below him ( smug little bastard) he told me that subaru wants five grand for a new engine with a one year part and labor warranty and that they are not allowed to work on it. I went off on him I grabbed him up by his throat it took three service guys to pull me off him. They called the cops. when they got there I had to explain my case to him, he said that he did'nt blame me but, he had to make me leave. So i left eight days later a recieved a summons for a protective order. I went to court the judge told me I am not allowed on any of that dealerships lots ever again. I had to pay 150 bucks and that was that. Then I called customer dealer services and got no where real quick they told me that I would need a lawyer to get anything done, well I could not find a lawyer to take the case without getting certain paperwork from the dealership the dealership told me that I need a lawyer to get the paperwork.
Now I am stuck with a junkyard motor from a wagon, not a big deal this one runs better than the last. It is BS that subaru does not stand behind their products. Other than that I still love my car.
I hope you blow another engine. You had absolutely no right to expect them to warranty any repairs to a motor you blew with an MBC. People like you are the reason SOA tries to deny legitimate warranty claims on transmissions.
Old 01-20-2004, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Re: SUBARU SUCKS D!CK

Originally posted by subarusucks
I went off on him I grabbed him up by his throat it took three service guys to pull me off him. They called the cops. when they got there I had to explain my case to him, he said that he did'nt blame me but, he had to make me leave. So i left eight days later a recieved a summons for a protective order.
Oh man, this had me laughing for 15 minutes -- I can't decide what makes this guy the bigger idiot, that he 1) blew up his car by not putting oil in it and using a manual boost controller, 2) ATTACKED someone in a car service department and got busted for it or 3) came here and admitted it all, like we would all back him up and say "yeah, nice one!"

If I was the judge hearing the case, I'd sentance that moron to driving a Vespa scooter for the rest of his life.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:31 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
I know he's probably never going to post again (not without a new screen name anyway) but I really hope he's reading this and taking under consideration the distant possibility he may have been wrong about all this all along...
Old 01-20-2004, 10:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Subaru Impreza WRX 2002
Actually, now I feel a bit juvenile for using words like "moron" and "idiot" -- I try to get through life without name-calling, but sometimes you have to use language that someone else will really understand...

I think we can all agree that physically attacking someone because they deny the warranty on your illegally-modified car is NOT the behavior of a sane, rational person in posession of an IQ above the century mark. Let this be a lesson to all who dare dabble with an MBC or have way too much caffiene before they go to the shop!
Old 01-21-2004, 01:25 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
Re: Re: SUBARU SUCKS D!CK

Originally posted by meilers
Oh man, this had me laughing for 15 minutes -- I can't decide what makes this guy the bigger idiot, that he 1) blew up his car by not putting oil in it and using a manual boost controller, 2) ATTACKED someone in a car service department and got busted for it or 3) came here and admitted it all, like we would all back him up and say "yeah, nice one!"

If I was the judge hearing the case, I'd sentance that moron to driving a Vespa scooter for the rest of his life.
) blew up his car by not putting oil in it and using a manual boost controller, 2)

for your info I did not forget to put oil in my car it used four quarts in less than 10 min of driving, by the time I heard knocking and pulled over it was to late. A manual boost controller does'nt have anything to do with the fact that SOA would nort even do a tear down on the engine, and give me the option to pay for it. I'm not as dumb as you guys think. It is a law that they have to tear it down regardless fo what is on it. Then if what I did to my car is what caused the failure, I am responsible for the teardown and repair costs.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Congradulations!!!

Quick Reply: Dealer trying to deny my warranty.