WRX vs SRT-4 @ Infineon Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: want a WRX
im gonna miss the bugeyes soooooo much...
Old 09-01-2005, 07:56 PM

Car Info: 04 Redline Ion
New here and maybe a WRX owner next year.

Originally Posted by Twu Perfect
Awesome. I i am proud to be a hater of the srt4. It's ugly, and über rice. Huge wing, FWD, fake hoodscoop, that's total rice! I don't see why people call the wrx bug eyes ugly. i agree, when i first saw the bug eyes, i was like: "Whoa, what the hell?" But it has grown so much on me. The new 04s definitely look more aggressive, and are better looking. But IMO, without the bugeyes, it loses a bit of it's character and soul.
Like you said, the WRX has grown on you. Well, so does the SRT4 for some people. I owned a Neon R/t and I would have to say it was the worst vehicle I ever owned. The tranny kept shattering (3 times). I swore I would never by a Dodge ever again. After alot of research, it's not hard to say that the SRT4 is only a Neon on the outside and has plenty of upgrades out there for a cheap price to take out STI's and Evo's. But I am more open minded as a vehicle owner in knowing that your buying a vehicle that will only be worth 12K after you drive it off the lot. I hate the body style but I hate the steering and handling worse. I can also say that I hate the old body style of the WRX. The new one that came out is by far way better looking and more agressive. One down fall that I hate equally of both was the interior. The only thing cool about the SRT4 is the seats. And the WRX is the power windows in the back compared to the SRT4. After driveing them both, hands down I would buy the WRX. More power, AWD, better handling, and better resale value. If your going to make an investment in a vehicle that you may keep, make sure your going to have something of worth, not a nice piece of $hit car. Quality fast car vs. Cheaply built crap. take your pick.

Yes I am a Saturn owner, not for the body but for the performance of Opel engines. I also hate anoying Honda's even though I work for them.

Quote of the Day:
Sex is like driving Hondas..... Loud, Obnoxious, and slow.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:35 AM

[QUOTE=AllWheelDorifto]SRT-4 , 225 hp @ the wheels for under 20k.

Good deal, but too ugly![/QUOTE

dont want to be a hater anymore than I am, but according to the dodge website, they start at 21,295 and only have 230hp.

http://www.dodge.com/srt-4/index.htm...pe=vehicleLink

I think when they first came out, they were saying its the fastest production car under 20k. not anymore I guess

I have a "bugeye" and I know the car is cosmetically challenged at birth, but everyone has there own opinion on whats fashionable and what isn't.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:59 AM

Car Info: MY00RS25
Can you get employee pricing on that car? It doesn't seem like it from the website. If you could, that would make it pretty cheap.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:17 AM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
lol i want to go aginst a srt4, i got the vishnu sub zero, but thats crazy u run only a 13.2 with a vishnu stage 2? their webiste claims a 12.8 or 12.6 cant remember. What happened?