Conversions, Transplants, & Swaps Anything from the EJ20 into an RS to port-a-potties into an STi. Anything about engine and tranny swapping.

Bad Engine Importer, Beware!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Bad Engine Importer, Beware!!!

Not sure where to put this, so hope this is OK. Just want people to be warned so they don't have the same headache I have had.

I have a 1993 Celica All-Trac GT-4 that has a blown engine, and I have been trying to get it going for some time now. This engine importer has a few Suby motors on their site.

I will have more information as soon as I have time, but I wanted to put it out there that NO ONE should do business with Japan Direct Motors of Burlington, WA. Website is www.japandirectmotors.com and eBay ID is time2show_54 but he just changed it to jdmenginewarehouse on November 11th.

They charged my credit card for a supposed in stock JDM 3sGTE on 10/15 and have been just telling stories and lies up until today, when I was told to go f$@k myself (a quote) and that I would not be getting my $2046 back (that I have been paying interest on since 10/15).

The owner of the business it a Robert J Caratello (might have spelled that wrong). I recently spoke with his business partner who told me a lot of shady things about him, and recommended I just seek help with my credit card company. I really don't have time for all of this, but I have no choice. Been trying to get this car going for months now, my only crime is trying to buy an engine. I know nothing about buying a used engine from an importer. This guy was the only one that I found that would send me compression specs, spoke English and returned clear concise emails, and they had good feedback on eBay (at the time) so I went with them.

Now I am a statistic, and my car continues to sit.

Anyway, FYI.

-Jacob
Old 12-02-2004, 12:18 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi
first of all sorry for that man, that really blows 2'g for nothing i would be sooo pissed. u should call the better business buearu, see if they can do anything about it. or have u tired calling u police?

dont know if they can do anything since u bought it on Ebay, i guess u take a risk buying stuff there.

Anyway thanks for the info about those F***ers and good luck getting your money back hope it works out.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by _sti_05
first of all sorry for that man, that really blows 2'g for nothing i would be sooo pissed. u should call the better business buearu, see if they can do anything about it. or have u tired calling u police?

dont know if they can do anything since u bought it on Ebay, i guess u take a risk buying stuff there.

Anyway thanks for the info about those F***ers and good luck getting your money back hope it works out.
Yeah it sucks. I have spent so much time getting jacked around by engine importers and builders, that I have decided to buy the parts and build the motor myself. I didn't buy it off eBay, but I did find them there. I wish I had - because I could leave feedback.

Mainly this is just to warn everyone in case they see them, and want a motor. I see they have a LOT of Honda and Nissan engines - and I wish I knew the good places to post messages for that market too. I will look around.

Thanks for the comments. I am told I should be okay with the credit card dispute, but it's a lengthy process that I don't really have time for, plus they have to issue me a new card. Ugh. People!!!

-Jacob
Old 12-02-2004, 12:28 PM

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru Impreza GD6
Wow get him back bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Run him into the ground.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:18 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Holy ****, call the BBB. Man if I were you, I'd pay him a personal visit and beat the living CRAP outta him.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:14 PM
VIP Member

I have done a little snooping around, and found another few people on eBay he has shafted. One guy emailed me back and said he was planning a trip up there soon. Another fellow from the Celica All-Trac group said he knows a few people up there and will cruise by, but I was told the guy hasn't been to work in 2 days. I dunno.

It's crazy, just crazy what some people do.

-Jacob
Old 12-04-2004, 10:43 PM

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that man! I feel ya, since I lost $500 on E-bay myself, but it's unrelated to cars. Anyway, I don't know if this help, have you tried www.toysport.com. I have a great dealings with them since I bought a couple engines from them, a 4AGE for my AE92 and a 4AG 20V when I did a later conversion. Both under 36K miles, price is decent. Good luck man.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I have done a little snooping around, and found another few people on eBay he has shafted. One guy emailed me back and said he was planning a trip up there soon. Another fellow from the Celica All-Trac group said he knows a few people up there and will cruise by, but I was told the guy hasn't been to work in 2 days. I dunno.

It's crazy, just crazy what some people do.

-Jacob
wow.... hit job.... post us on the news when u get it man