Vandalized

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver Bugeye
Vandalized

For everyone in the Manteca area or just words of caution in general. Be EXTRA careful. My friends/family and I came up to the conclusion that they seem to be targeting the car, as I haven't pissed anyone off that i know of.

This last Friday while out to dinner i had my garage broken into car was keyed heavily and spray painted black. Called the police they really didn't give a crap, I just got the "ohh well send a few patrols around the area." They took no pictures, nothing. So i went out and bought some metal security doors and installed them this weekend.

Called insurance company, $100 deductible to get it all fixed so hopefully they do a good job with it....

Name:  IMG00014-20100219-2123.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  129.7 KB
Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 PM

Car Info: '12 pbp wrx
Holy S***!!!! I would be murderous. In your own garage?!?! People these days . . .
Old 02-23-2010, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 05STi
Wow, thanks for the heads up...
Old 02-23-2010, 03:46 PM

Car Info: EQ tuned bugeye
Originally Posted by DarkInsane
For everyone in the Manteca area or just words of caution in general. Be EXTRA careful. My friends/family and I came up to the conclusion that they seem to be targeting the car, as I haven't pissed anyone off that i know of.

This last Friday while out to dinner i had my garage broken into car was keyed heavily and spray painted black. Called the police they really didn't give a crap, I just got the "ohh well send a few patrols around the area." They took no pictures, nothing. So i went out and bought some metal security doors and installed them this weekend.

Called insurance company, $100 deductible to get it all fixed so hopefully they do a good job with it....

i'm gettin mad lookin at it.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
this is not good

im double locking all of my doors now
Old 02-23-2010, 04:12 PM

Nothing was stolen and no words were spray painted? Are you sure it isn't someone you know? What part of town did this happen in if you don't mind me asking. I'll kill if this happens to mine.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by wrxgirl08
Holy S***!!!! I would be murderous. In your own garage?!?! People these days . . .
Yep, in our own garage they broke through the side garage door it seems so we put up a new metal security door over that one.

I was really pissed and frustrated when it first happened but a bit better not, not much i can do about it. At least she gets a new paint job etc. I am just hoping they do a decent job. My insurance company had me drop the car off at the Manteca auto plaza. Anyone know of the quality they produce there?

Nothing was stolen, other things were spray painted but not nearly as bad such as an older semi junk tv the doors a little bit of the wall but not much. "***" was written on the trunk of the car but that is about it. It had deep scratch marks all over and covered in spray paint as you can see. Rims, roof, spoiler, trunk everything. Luckily they didn't break any windows or manage to get inside the car.

I Live a couple blocks west of the Orchard Supply on Louise/Main street.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM

Car Info: 06 WRB
Damn that sucks dude hope someone puts up cameras to catch that o those jerk-offs.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
100 bucks to get it all fixed looking brand new? So wine did you a favor. Get the estimates done then have them write the heck to a shop of your choice. Buy a bunch of upgraded stuff and enjoy
Old 02-23-2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by DarkInsane
Yep, in our own garage they broke through the side garage door it seems so we put up a new metal security door over that one.

I was really pissed and frustrated when it first happened but a bit better not, not much i can do about it. At least she gets a new paint job etc. I am just hoping they do a decent job. My insurance company had me drop the car off at the Manteca auto plaza. Anyone know of the quality they produce there?

Nothing was stolen, other things were spray painted but not nearly as bad such as an older semi junk tv the doors a little bit of the wall but not much. "***" was written on the trunk of the car but that is about it. It had deep scratch marks all over and covered in spray paint as you can see. Rims, roof, spoiler, trunk everything. Luckily they didn't break any windows or manage to get inside the car.

I Live a couple blocks west of the Orchard Supply on Louise/Main street.
The shop I just used and have always used is in VS which is a little out of your way. I haven't dealt with any body shops in manteca yet but I would definitely, if you can, take it to a shop of your choice.

I gotta let me buddy know since he probably lives right around the corner from you with a black wrx and always parks outside
Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Seems like it was organized. They did it when you were at dinner. If they knew this they would have no problem breaking down the door(if you were home you would def hear that). They took the time to get every fender with a key and paint( if it were random they woudnt take there time)

It seems waaay to harsh to be random
Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX/2008 Yamaha YFZ450
ooouccchh man that sucks badly! Id have to hunt these people down and kill em, nuff said you screwed with my car and not you've just screwed with me, simple as that! Sucks to here hope you have your bugeye soon!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 PM

Well my insurance(AAA) recommended I take it to this shop and 100% guarantees the work done and told me if I don't like it I can get it done how I want. I am going to call the shop in the morning to find out whats up. It is the government motors dealership across the street from Wal-Mart on main street.

I am also wondering what they are going to do about the wheels. I know they where stock but i don't even know if you can get them anymore? Because they where banged and spayed up as well. Even tho i had planned on replacing them soon.

Yes, it did seem organized, and most the other paint was probably just to rub it in it seemed. I had two dogs in the house at the time who where more than likely going nuts while it was happening. I am tempted to set up a hidden cam and monitor it.

But I cant exactly complain about all these repairs I'm getting for $100 especially since the insurance adjuster said it would not be marked against my insurance since it was vandalism. What really got to me tho was the lack of interest by the police department. Even someone coming out taking a picture or two and a couple scribbles on a piece of paper would have satisfied me.

And on a side note I really miss driving my car... this Mazda6 hertz gave me courtesy of my insurance doesn't cut it... lol

Last edited by DarkInsane; 02-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:59 PM

Talk to your insurance company and see if they will give you money to get new rims as those are old and outdated as far as oem replacement goes. Manteca PD sucks... I've been pulled over by them and harassed almost every single time. One of the charger cops was actually really nice and understood everything. GL
Old 02-23-2010, 09:28 PM

Car Info: Java Black 04' STI
Let em try that in my garage...They'll be meeting my pit bull.
That does suck, at least you will get a new paint job out of it, and for only $100.
I have seen used stock rims like yours on other sites (naioc).
GL

Quick Reply: Vandalized